Vita Games?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Re: Vita Games?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » April 26th, 2018, 7:25 pm

Can anyone tell me how remote play works? I know you need to have your Vita wirelessly connected with your PS4, but if I do that would I, say, be able to bring my Vita to work and play PS4 games at the office on my break?

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » April 26th, 2018, 8:00 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Can anyone tell me how remote play works? I know you need to have your Vita wirelessly connected with your PS4, but if I do that would I, say, be able to bring my Vita to work and play PS4 games at the office on my break?

Believe it or not, you can remote play from anywhere to anywhere. The quality ultimately depends on the speed of the networks you are on. The PS4 absolutely needs to be on ethernet because the console's wireless adapter is terrible. The speed of both networks (both the one the PS4 is on and the one the Vita is on) should ideally hit 30mbps or higher for it to work well.

JWK

Postby JWK » May 1st, 2018, 9:51 pm

ptdebate wrote:Glad to know there's another VN fan on the forums! Looking forward to starting Danganronpa.

Enjoy Danganronpa! I just started v3 today. It was a lot tougher to find than I expected. New copies are sold out on Amazon and they’ve been flipped on eBay for $50 to $60. I got a used copy at GameStop for $30.

Anyway, my point of replying is this: Steins;gate Elite is a remake of the original game with cutscenes, stills, animation and voice acting from the anime series. As I stated before, I love the game and the story as much as any VN I’ve ever played so I just have to decide if I’m going to play through it on PS4 or Switch (granted I have a Switch by then).

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/steinsgate- ... ch-pc-2018

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » May 2nd, 2018, 9:25 am

JWK wrote:
ptdebate wrote:Glad to know there's another VN fan on the forums! Looking forward to starting Danganronpa.

Enjoy Danganronpa! I just started v3 today. It was a lot tougher to find than I expected. New copies are sold out on Amazon and they’ve been flipped on eBay for $50 to $60. I got a used copy at GameStop for $30.

Anyway, my point of replying is this: Steins;gate Elite is a remake of the original game with cutscenes, stills, animation and voice acting from the anime series. As I stated before, I love the game and the story as much as any VN I’ve ever played so I just have to decide if I’m going to play through it on PS4 or Switch (granted I have a Switch by then).

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/steinsgate- ... ch-pc-2018

Thanks! I’m very grateful for my Vita as I’m about to be flying for almost 20 hours. Steins;gate 0 and Danganronpa will help me pass the time.

Weird how Vita releases seem to range from very cheap to absurdly expensive. I anticipate that the prices of carts for some games will spike even more in the next few years.

I really hope Steins;gate Elite gets a Vita release in the US. I’d even put down the cash for some kind of special edition.

Return to “Modern Gaming”