The 360

The readers post their own reviews.
m0zart1

The 360

Postby m0zart1 » November 28th, 2006, 3:17 am

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]4.  The 360 is significantly quieter than the XBox and practically runs silent when playing DVDs.

5.  If you have trouble removing the batteries you must have complete monkey hands.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said except for those two parts in particular.  I don't think the 360 is quieter than the XBOX.  They are similar in noise level.  I don't really care if they operate quieter with DVD -- I didn't buy them as DVD players.

I have trouble changing the batteries myself -- and I don't have monkey hands.  As I am looking into getting a rechargeable battery for my controller, that probably won't remain an issue for long.

My one big complaint about the 360 is backwards compatibility, but I am not as peeved on that one recently because I see Microsoft is actually trying to fix that problem.  I was particularly upset a few months ago when trying to run "Call of Cthulhu" on it (as it was on the bc list), only to find that calling it backwards compatible was only partially true.  It had a bug list a mile long, wouldn't play any of the CG segments of the game, and crashed at one point in the game unavoidably during a boss battle.  But then a few months passed, Microsoft released an update to their emulator, and the game now works almost flawlessly.  Good things come to those who wait I guess.

One really good thing about BC on the 360 compared to the PS3 is that the textures are better than they were on the XBOX -- I am sure this has to do with the advanced anti-aliasing.  "Call of Cthulhu" in particular looks MUCH better on the 360 (now that it runs) than it did on the original XBOX.

mathematician0

The 360

Postby mathematician0 » November 28th, 2006, 4:50 am

Bluemonkey I can see your really trying hard. A much more basic approach, which I do appreciate your efforts. But really, you cant be serious. First I never said all games require updating. And to be quite honest I didn't find hectic in the box, probably cause it didn't come in a case so I overlooked it, so take the box off the good list. Also the headset was more of a joke, I tried to add some humor into my review, sorry you didn't get it. But the argument that the 360 runs "practically silent" when playing DVD's is right, so I must add that to the list under the good things "Its quieter when watching DVD movies". I do apologize for that, It wasn't a very thorough review I suppose. Numbers 5, 6, 8, 9 are mere opinions on which we disagree on. I will say that I didn't buy the 360 for its music capabilities, for that I purchased an ipod.

But wait maybe I am all wrong about my review, this could be the best system ever. In that case go out and buy one immediately.

m0zart1

The 360

Postby m0zart1 » November 28th, 2006, 5:47 am

I see mathematician0, are you related to mathematician by any chance?

Atarifever1

The 360

Postby Atarifever1 » November 28th, 2006, 11:00 am

[QUOTE=Shawn]

The 360? I thought you were reviewing the Wii! 

[/QUOTE]
Obsession!  A new fragrance by Shawn.   Let out your inner fanboy, with Obsession.  Available all over this board.

mathematician0

The 360

Postby mathematician0 » November 28th, 2006, 3:09 pm

[QUOTE=m0zart]

I see mathematician0, are you related to mathematician by any chance?

[/QUOTE]

Mathematician is my twin brother actually, but I'm the smarter one. Obviously he is a fool.

mathematician

The 360

Postby mathematician » November 28th, 2006, 3:21 pm

[QUOTE=mathematician0]

Mathematician is my twin brother actually, but I'm the smarter one. Obviously he is a fool.

[/QUOTE]

Your wrong on that Mathematician0, I have no connection with you anymore, you did that to yourself.

bluemonkey1

The 360

Postby bluemonkey1 » November 28th, 2006, 5:38 pm

Hilarious!

voor

The 360

Postby voor » November 29th, 2006, 4:06 pm

To be honest, I think it's highy suspicioius that a guy like mathmatician (who prides himself on his intelligence) would spend $500 on a system he didn't know he would like and then go get 6 'random' games....

Makes me think he didn't even play a 360 and this entire 'review' is farce.

RE: Shawn....it might just be me, but I've always regarding his comments as 'throwaway' comments...and don't pay them no mind, shooo!

mathematician

The 360

Postby mathematician » November 29th, 2006, 6:30 pm

[QUOTE=voor]

To be honest, I think it's highy suspicioius that a guy like mathmatician (who prides himself on his intelligence) would spend $500 on a system he didn't know he would like and then go get 6 'random' games....

[/QUOTE]

Excellent observation, but If it is really a farce then how would I have known how loud the system is?

voor

The 360

Postby voor » November 29th, 2006, 9:53 pm

[QUOTE=mathematician][QUOTE=voor]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent observation, but If it is really a farce then how would I have known how loud the system is?

[/QUOTE]

You can read, right?  It's common knowledge to anyone who's read anything about the 360....

I may be wrong, just seems really weird...totally goes against your personality.

Return to “Reader Reviews”