Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)

The readers post their own reviews.
Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » December 22nd, 2006, 2:09 pm

Adamant, you were on the money! I beat the level and informed my freind: You must VERY QUICKLY grab EVERY coin in the one coinbox at level start (tricky, as you must not fall off the slippery block beneath you), THEN race to the end of the level to get the easiest route! Thanks!

OK....I know this is asking a lot (still awaiting my new PC, cannot get on Gamefaq)...once you clear THAT level, the next level is a series of rotating platforms; I easily "beat" it BUT the world map simply makes a circular path BACK to that world! I didn't see any other exit! Arghh! Stuck again, and ten days countdown to my NEXT game! Any memories? (Chocalate mountain, surrounded by boulders, there is a "pipe world" to the left I must somehow get to to get to Star Road!) - helpless/hopeless!

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » December 22nd, 2006, 2:46 pm

Ah yes, I remember getting stuck there back in the SNES days.
You reach the goal by climbing a vine to a high platform, right? Ignore that goal and vine, and continue to the right (you need the cape or a flying Yoshi - there's a blue koopa nearby), and you'll reach a second goalpost.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » December 23rd, 2006, 5:30 am

Thanks Again, Adamant, you know your SMW well! (So, how do you beat the level with the pink Koala bears doing tap dances while George Bush rides Big Bird shouting "We are No.Twenty!" )

Ok. I'll TRY to beat this thing, but it is dang hard to get to the end with yoshi or the cape. If I can't beat it, I'll just mail it to you, then you can beat it, unlock the secrets, and mail it back...I'll pay minimum wage, even! Really,Thanks.
(I have a BEATING SMW guide but it's not very helpfull!)

voor

Postby voor » December 23rd, 2006, 6:59 am

isn't it amazing how you can go 10 years w/o playing a game, yet remember all kinds of crazy stuff like secrets and warps...makes you think huh?  (I wish I paid attention to other stuff with the same intensity).

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » December 23rd, 2006, 1:43 pm

I only beat Super Mario World (SNES) once and I never did find the blue/ green switch palaces. I remembered all the warps and glitches in SMB, SMB2 and SMB3 no problem because I PLAYED those things over and over first on NES than SNES All Stars.

The sad Story of SMW, is this: shortly after beating it I had to SELL my SNES, C64, and NES stuff to help finance my first car so I could get to college (I kept only my Genny). Years later I bought ANOTHER SNES which I have to this day, but it was bundled with SMallstars. I finally found a loose SMW jusssst before my wife divorced me and took half of my SNES/Gameboy games with her INCLUDING SMW(ARGHH!) ...soooo, that is the sad story of why I am having such a hard time on SMW, even though I breezed through Super Mario Advance one (SM2) and four (SM3)! Oh well....!

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » December 24th, 2006, 1:30 pm

Okay guys, I FINALLY found my old Nintendo Power magazine with complete Super Mario World secrets! (I collect magazines too- Gaming, Star wars, Star Trek, Modeling...over 1500 issues!) ; anyway I quite easily found and opened the Red and blue switch palaces, green is tricky since you must beat that "multiple path" level we talked of with EXACTLY 2500 on the timer when you enter the pipe, but I'll keep trying! As for the current level I'm still stuck because, I got to the end and flew up and over the flagpost that was the dead end-allllll the way to the left where Luigi (the GBA game is MUCH easier playing ol' green jeans!) simply fell down into-nothing! *sigh*....I'm guessing you must do that "parachute cape/wave" trick I never quite mastered? (Magazine shot shows him flying through the ground UNDER the goal post..!???)

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » December 24th, 2006, 6:47 pm

Yeah, going over the goalpost clears the level, so you need to go under it. It's possible with the cape as well, (you can keep it in the reserve until you reach the area you need it), but Yoshi is your best bet.

The green palace is in Donut Plains, though, not Chocoloate Island - the secret exit on the multiple paths-stage is just a shortcut to the castle in the same world (with a secret level on the way), and the timer requirement does not involve having an exact number of units left on the timer - Mario games aren't that cruel.

a1

Postby a1 » December 24th, 2006, 9:22 pm

There are no levels in Mario World that require you exit them at an exact time. I finished that game 100% and I never did that.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » December 25th, 2006, 5:29 am

Sorry about the timer confusion guys, I'll write a DIRECT QUOTE from Nintendo Power's old Volume 28!

"CHOCOLATE ISLAND 2"

THE SECTIONS OF THIS STAGE CHANGE DEPENDING ON THE TIME REMAINING AND COINS COLLECTED. ENTER THE THIRD SECTION WITH 250 OR MORE SECONDS LEFT ON YOUR TIMER AND YOU'LL GET A KEY TO THE SECRET STAGE."

Okay, you were right, it is 250 or MORE seconds but it is still damn near impossible-I assumed the secret stage was the switch palace? No?

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » December 25th, 2006, 10:13 am

No, the secret stage is "Chocolate Secret" - beating this stage leads you directly to "#6 Wendy's Castle".

While I haven't played the game in quite a while now, I can't remember that time limit being too rough. While it's true you have to rush through the level, if you concentrate only on beating it as quickly as possible, it shouldn't be hard. You may try bringing a cape with you, and using it to fly over the rooms, I don't think they had ceilings.

Return to “Reader Reviews”