1/17/2007: Xbox: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, Family Guy, NHL 2K7

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Conn

Postby Conn » January 19th, 2007, 8:24 pm

I'm more surprised it got a better score than Lament!

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » January 20th, 2007, 11:47 am

[QUOTE=Alienblue]And have fun with your 3-D until 6-D comes out![/QUOTE]

We already have 4D in the Matrix -- didn't you read those memos from Sony?

Anyway, could you predict what you think 6D will be?  4D is "time", so how could you even think that 4D will be presented, let alone 6D?  And by "time", I mean something more than the mere ability to travel in time as a gameplay element.  I mean "time" as a purely visual element.  Otherwise we could say that a 2D game like Chrono Trigger or a 3D game like Ocarina of Time are 4D games.

My point is that both 4D and 6D as visual presentations are meaningless to a gamer.  3D is not meaningless, just as 2D isn't.

A LOT of us grew up playing 2D games.  What we didn't do is grow up with a learned hatred of anything new.  Many of us still love 2D games.  That didn't keep us from being able to play 3D games.

BTW, if you don't like playng as Yoshi, play the original SMB64.  It's Mario from the very beginning.

Anyway, Alienblue, you are one of the more likeable people here, so I don't want to argue with you, especially over something regarding preference.  But I think you should give 3D more than a passive chance, and quit talking about it like it violated everything decent and good about gaming.  By all means, feel free to move into 12 years ago, even if that move has to be slow and gradual.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » January 20th, 2007, 2:04 pm

MoZART, I like you too and I don't want to argue with ANYbody. I am just trying to tell you, I really, really, have nothing against 3-D games per se. Geeze, I just spent and hour playing DT racer on PS2-FULL 3-D! ....but by and large I have NEVER liked most "into the screen" games, even back in the 2600 days with star raiders/master/voyager and any 3-D genre EXCEPT driving games. So that's just me. All I'm upset about is that console gamemakers seem to think EVERY game must be 3-D. Turn this around, would YOU like it if 3-D was dropped and suddenly you could only find 2-D games? That is what I want, 3-D AND 2-D. Oh, and I really tried to like the N64 but that is one console I'd rather avoid. Meanwhile, keep playing and enjoying what YOU enjoy.And by the way, I am from the SEVENTH DIMENSION. Don't ask, simple, pathetic human, your backwards synapse could not understand at this time...time..time...

Return to “Review Feedback”