1/26/2007: Nintendo DS: Cooking Momma, Elite Beat Agents, Star Fox Command

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 26th, 2007, 4:28 pm

Feel free to share your thoughts on this new set of DS reviews.

Dennis

Postby Dennis » January 26th, 2007, 5:06 pm

The audience for Cooking Mama is people who don't play video games.  My sister-in-law bought a DS JUST FOR THIS GAME, and she loves it.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » January 26th, 2007, 5:36 pm

The name "Cooking Mama" has always struck me as the name of Funkmaster Vinnie's wife...........

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » January 26th, 2007, 5:38 pm

Cooking Mama: Yeah, I can't disagree with the D+, even though I gave a C. I think I might have liked it slightly more because I enjoy tinkering about the kitchen.

I think the pricepoint helped that one. Lots of people thought it was worth a poke at $20 bucks.

Elite Beat Agents: Yep, it rocks. The whole idea of that game is so totally, completely and awesomely absurd. Which, in my book, is GREAT.

Starfox: Command: I might have overgraded this one a bit. In retrospect, I might have given it a B or B- and not a B+. The reason is that, while I enjoyed it quite a bit while playing, I didn't really "come back for more" after finishing it. Still, the Nintendo Wi-Fi component is fun. Did you try that?

-Rob

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » January 26th, 2007, 5:55 pm

It's "Cooking mama", not "Cooking Momma".

Other than that, not having played these games (apart rom 5 minutes of Ouendan), I can't really say much about the reviews themselves.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » January 26th, 2007, 9:23 pm

Dave, what I really want to know is why you chose to pick Cooking Momma and Elite Beat Agents as your next DS reviews.  Most reviewers at least have the 'they were assigned to me by my editor... I wouldn't have chosen to review this on my own...' excuse, but you pick your games.  I mean, we have no PS3 or major XBox 360 reviews but you chose these two for review?  Not that I'm complaining, your review is making me seriously consider 'Elite Beat Agents' for myself.  Sounds like the type of demented little game that comes often and bombs in America (remember Incredible Crisis for PS1) but becomes a cult later on.

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » January 26th, 2007, 10:57 pm

Elite Beat Agents is great, and I agree with your review 100%. 'Jumping Jack Flash' just about killed me though!!! THAT was frustrating!!!

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » January 27th, 2007, 1:44 am

[QUOTE=J.M. Vargas]

Dave, what I really want to know is why you chose to pick Cooking Momma and Elite Beat Agents as your next DS reviews.  Most reviewers at least have the 'they were assigned to me by my editor... I wouldn't have chosen to review this on my own...' excuse, but you pick your games.  I mean, we have no PS3 or major XBox 360 reviews but you chose these two for review?  [/QUOTE]

Probably has something to do with it being his site, and he wanted to review those games. Just a thought (-:

-Rob 

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » January 27th, 2007, 4:45 am

In cooking momma (or Mamma, whatever) , you can't really make fun of the Octopus dumplings if this was originally Japaneses as I expect. Every seafood place in Japan sells TONS of Squid and Octopus, they are delicacies there. In comparison, Lobster is a delicacy here and a lot of people wonder how someone can eat what is essentialy a "big sea bug"! (I live in Maine; trust me, they are DELICIOUS!...I'm part vegetarian but eat seafood.) I could never kill and cook one though. As a child I remember taking "my" lobster down to the beach and letting it go!

Also, there is a typo in the second line of the review. Sure
of this am I, quite rightly, yes!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 27th, 2007, 2:29 pm

[QUOTE=J.M. Vargas]

Dave, what I really want to know is why you chose to pick Cooking Momma and Elite Beat Agents as your next DS reviews.  Most reviewers at least have the 'they were assigned to me by my editor... I wouldn't have chosen to review this on my own...' excuse, but you pick your games.  I mean, we have no PS3 or major XBox 360 reviews but you chose these two for review? 

[/QUOTE]

The VGC will post no review... before it's time.  Don't worry, I'm finishing up the PS3 and Gears of War reviews. 

Return to “Review Feedback”