3/8/2007: Lynx: Blue Lightning, Championship Rally

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 8th, 2007, 6:20 pm

Time for some old-school portable action.  Leave your comments here.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » March 8th, 2007, 6:52 pm

"Blue Lightening" is one of the classic, killer-apt, cult favorite Lynx games. I expect the VGC to get some flack for his grade.

I bought this game fairly recently, and the one funny/bad thing that strikes me about is is that your jet crawls along at a snail's pace. Just look at the ground when you're flying, you're not even going 10MPH!. When you hit your turbo jets, it looks you're going maybe 5MPH. It's like an old person driving!

But still, I think it's a solid OK game. It's not like the Lynx library was jam-packed with great exciting stuff.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » March 8th, 2007, 11:09 pm

I disagree Zenzotron.  For a portable sytem circa 1989 (18 years ago!) "Blue Thunder" moves plenty fast and is as close to the "After Burner" thrills from the arcade as they came back then.  You can't compare it to what we're used to now with PSP and Nintendo DS.  The console versions of "AB" paled compared to what "BL" delivered on Lynx.  Heck, the Atari Jaguar CD version of "Blue Lightning" pales compared to its Lynx predecessor (how sad is that)?  Needless to say I love this puppy and disagree strongly with Dave's score being anything less than a rave.  Different strokes for different folks... whatcha talkin' bout Willis?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 9th, 2007, 6:44 pm

[QUOTE=Zenzerotron]"Blue Lightening" is one of the classic, killer-apt, cult favorite Lynx games. I expect the VGC to get some flack for his grade.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, I don't know what's worse - that you used the hackneyed phrase "killer app", or that you managed to spell it wrong!

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » March 11th, 2007, 1:40 am

Sorry for not being a spelling master.

I don't think Blue Lightning is all that hot either.

All I'm saying is, is that for years, Lynx fans have deemed Blue Lightning as a killer-app classic.

Don't beat me up, I'm fragile

Return to “Review Feedback”