12/6/2006: GameCube: Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, The, Mario Party 7, Super Mario Strikers

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

12/6/2006: GameCube: Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, The, Mario Party 7, Super Mario Strikers

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 7th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Michael D:
1. My Mario Party says copyright 1998, so I'm pretty sure that's the year it was released. 
2. You make a valid point, but considering I have never heard of any of those games, much less played them, I'll stand by my current review.

Paul:
I'm sticking with the C+.  I probably should have emphasized the part about not knowing what's going on.  A lot of times I lose track of my character completely.

a1

Postby a1 » December 7th, 2006, 9:54 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]
I would also like to note that reading your Mario Party review made me think of how awesome that game could be on the Wii...The remote and nunchuck would work perfectly for minigames.
[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'm sure Nintendo will release a Mario Party, or five Mario Parties, for the Wii. Unfortunately, awesome and Mario Party can't go into the same sentence together. If Nintendo got rid of the boards and made all of the mini games fun, instead of having a 1 fun game to 4 bad ones ratio, then Mario Party could be a fun Wii game. Somehow I doubt that will happen, since the games are guaranteed money as they are, and Nintendo therefore has no reason to change them.

Klonoa

Postby Klonoa » December 10th, 2006, 12:52 pm

Mario Party 8 was already announced for the Wii. And a picture of the game was already released.

Dennis

Postby Dennis » December 11th, 2006, 5:42 pm

VGC, you should try Mario Party 3 for the N64.  It's my favorite in the series by far, and even has a whole separate board game for two players called "Duel Mode," which has all different rules and strategies.

It also has an adventure mode, which involves playing a series of about 12 games against the computer.  I am not proud to say that I finished the adventure mode with ALL SIX CHARACTERS, expecting a reward, but got nothing (except all six characters' faces on the side of a mountain).

Michael D

Postby Michael D » December 11th, 2006, 8:12 pm

I still think the best entry to the Mario Party series that I've played was Mario Party 2 for N64.  It had a great balance of classic and new mini-games (gotta love Bumper Balls), many of the flaws of the original game were addressed (a more dynamic and less tedious single player game), and the AI is nowhere near as cheap as it was in Mario Party 3.

a1

Postby a1 » December 12th, 2006, 1:28 am

[QUOTE=Michael D]

I still think the best entry to the Mario Party series that I've played was Mario Party 2 for N64. 

[/QUOTE]

If I was forced to play one of them I would go with that. I thought Mario Party 3 was bad even when I was 12 years old. You've gotta love bumper balls, and you could unlock just mini-games in Mario Party 2 (probably in the other versions as well). If it wasn't so hard to get mini-games it would have been an alright game; my brother and I just unlocked a bunch of those and played our favorites.

Blah

Postby Blah » March 11th, 2007, 9:34 pm

Great review on MP7, critic. Too add something, the single-player is IMPOSSIBLE!

Return to “Review Feedback”