Dave, are you annoyed?

General and high profile video game topics.
Funkmaster V

Dave, are you annoyed?

Postby Funkmaster V » November 23rd, 2005, 9:11 am

If I were you, and one of my main hobbies was buying video games to review them, I would be irritated by the price of the new systems, and the short life span of the current gen systems. Are you pissed that the 360 is so much, somewhat overrated and the Xbox lasted less than three years?

Vin

Crevalle

Dave, are you annoyed?

Postby Crevalle » November 23rd, 2005, 12:24 pm

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V]

If I were you, and one of my main hobbies was buying video games to review them, I would be irritated by the price of the new systems, and the short life span of the current gen systems. Are you pissed that the 360 is so much, somewhat overrated and the Xbox lasted less than three years?

Vin

[/QUOTE]

I find it mildly humorous that you factually state that the 360 is "overrated" yet you do not own one, and even if you did, could not have more than 24 hours experience on it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Dave, are you annoyed?

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 23rd, 2005, 5:00 pm

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V]

[/QUOTE]

Well the first Xbox has been out a solid four years now, which is not too bad.  I'm not concerned about the price of the 360 console too much, because considering the technology, you get a lot for your money.  The two things that annoy me is the fact that it's not backwards compatible out of the box, and the unexciting launch title lineup.   Still, I was watching someone play one of the first-person war games at Best Buy, and the detail and clarity really caught my eye.  Likewise, I saw clips of Gotham 3 on G4, and the scenery looked really nice.  I won't run around town like many people, but I'll probably snag a 360 the first time I see it on the shelf.

Chris Marsh

Dave, are you annoyed?

Postby Chris Marsh » November 23rd, 2005, 5:58 pm

I hope that the X-Box 360 flops in the same realm as the Sega CD and 32X. Strangely, the Sega CD lasted for three years and the 32X lasted for one year. Marketing will probably prevent it from flopping that bad (Unfortunately). I actually think these two other systems have more gameplay than what the 360 might have. That is just plain sad. The first X-Box is overrated with only a few decent games. The 360 is not the most overrated system though. That award goes to the PSP, which if there was bad marketing, it would be in as bad of shape as the Virtual Boy if not worse. Sega CD, 32X, and Virtual Boy were all cases of good potential ruined by terrible marketing. That is why those three systems are underrated.

John Rowland

Dave, are you annoyed?

Postby John Rowland » November 23rd, 2005, 7:46 pm

I can't believe we're already talking about whether or not the 360 is overrated.  No one has had time to even RATE the thing yet.  I suggest that we hold off on this discussion until 2009. 

Funkmaster V

Dave, are you annoyed?

Postby Funkmaster V » November 23rd, 2005, 11:13 pm

Well, I want to clarify that I didn't mean the 360 is overrated as much as the original Xbox's technology hasn't been tapped out yet. It's a shame, b/c the Xbox was a great system that had a few more years left in its legs. My point is that the 360 really isn't needed yet and a few people have told me that some of the games don't look as good as Ninja Gaiden.

Vinnie

Fusion

Dave, are you annoyed?

Postby Fusion » November 24th, 2005, 2:21 pm

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V]

Well, I want to clarify that I didn't mean the 360 is overrated as much as the original Xbox's technology hasn't been tapped out yet. It's a shame, b/c the Xbox was a great system that had a few more years left in its legs. My point is that the 360 really isn't needed yet and a few people have told me that some of the games don't look as good as Ninja Gaiden.

Vinnie

[/QUOTE]

They lie.Hard.

Orion1

Dave, are you annoyed?

Postby Orion1 » November 24th, 2005, 2:23 pm

[QUOTE=Chris Marsh]

I hope that the X-Box 360 flops in the same realm as the Sega CD and 32X. Strangely, the Sega CD lasted for three years and the 32X lasted for one year. Marketing will probably prevent it from flopping that bad (Unfortunately). I actually think these two other systems have more gameplay than what the 360 might have. That is just plain sad. The first X-Box is overrated with only a few decent games. The 360 is not the most overrated system though. That award goes to the PSP, which if there was bad marketing, it would be in as bad of shape as the Virtual Boy if not worse. Sega CD, 32X, and Virtual Boy were all cases of good potential ruined by terrible marketing. That is why those three systems are underrated.

[/QUOTE]

I hope not I'm looking forward to Mass Effect,Too Human and Gears of wars.Halo 3 too of course and those game by the  Final fantasy guy.

Atarifever1

Dave, are you annoyed?

Postby Atarifever1 » November 24th, 2005, 5:34 pm

[QUOTE=Fusion][QUOTE=Funkmaster V]

Vinnie

[/QUOTE]

They lie.Hard.
[/QUOTE]
Sad to know that I'm a liar.  I mean, I wouldn't say they don't look great, but try as I might, I don't yet see an improvement.  Not that I have a problem with that, I didn't see an improvement in the PSX vesion of Primal Rage over the SNES.  Doesn't mean the systems don't top out at diffeent levels.

Fusion

Dave, are you annoyed?

Postby Fusion » November 25th, 2005, 5:22 am

[QUOTE=Atarifever][QUOTE=Fusion][QUOTE=Funkmaster V]

Vinnie

[/QUOTE]

They lie.Hard.
[/QUOTE]
Sad to know that I'm a liar.  I mean, I wouldn't say they don't look great, but try as I might, I don't yet see an improvement.  Not that I have a problem with that, I didn't see an improvement in the PSX vesion of Primal Rage over the SNES.  Doesn't mean the systems don't top out at diffeent levels.
[/QUOTE]

Every damn game on the new system looks better than Ninja Gaiden,just put them next to each other and then come back.

Return to “Video Games General”