4/16/2007: Playstation 2: God of War 2

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » April 18th, 2007, 6:19 am

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]I think Resident Evil 4 is the better game.  Sure it was the 4th game in the series, but what game out there was really like it (or is like it for that matter). [/QUOTE]

Eh, I still think the game shouldn't have been called RE4, since it's really nothing like the previous RE games at all. When I buy a game that has a number in it's title, I expect it to play similiarly to it's prequels, and when it comes to the RE series, Code Veronica is a much closer sequel to RE3 than RE4 is. It's a good game, but please, what's wrong about calling it Resident Evil: Vengeance or something?

As for the God of War games, they are definitly on my to-buy list when I finally pick up that PS2. 

Superjay

Postby Superjay » April 18th, 2007, 7:25 am

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Superjay: Good question about if God of War 2 is better than Resident Evil 4.  I'm been wrestling with that one in my head.  Since I'm a fan of occult games, I'd probably give the edge to RE4, but they are both of the highest quality.

Michael: Will I lower the original GoW's grade because of this?  I probably could, but I really don't see the point. I'd rather give GoW2 an A++.  What do you guys think?

[/QUOTE]
Just leave your grades the way they are. GOW is also great. if one gets a 100 and one gets a 99 then they both deserve an A+. I think there can be a little wiggle room even if a couple of games get an A+.

a1

Postby a1 » April 18th, 2007, 6:02 pm

Well, I suppose they could have called it Resident Evil: Possibly the Best Game of All Time, rather than RE4. That would have made sense.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 18th, 2007, 6:34 pm

[QUOTE=Adamant]
Eh, I still think the game shouldn't have been called RE4, since it's really nothing like the previous RE games at all. When I buy a game that has a number in it's title, I expect it to play similiarly to it's prequels, and when it comes to the RE series, Code Veronica is a much closer sequel to RE3 than RE4 is. It's a good game, but please, what's wrong about calling it Resident Evil: Vengeance or something?
[/QUOTE]

I'm not buying your logic on this one.  Its only natural for a game to evolve over the course of a franchise.  Plus its not like RE4 was going to be a one time deal...that game will surely serve as the blueprint for next few RE games. 

RE4 still had enough elements from the previous games to pay homage to its roots...the game just needed to evolve.  It was trying to stay alive with a dead formula.  Surivival Horror had been whimpering before that game came along.  Sure its not as campy nor is it as slow paced, but at its core it still felt like a Resident Evil game.

qubit

Postby qubit » April 19th, 2007, 12:42 pm

You could add an F+ for horrible games with one redeeming quality.  *runs*

Return to “Review Feedback”