4/19/2007: Saturn: Bases Loaded '96: Double Header, Christmas Nights Into Dreams, Decathlete, Robotica

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

4/19/2007: Saturn: Bases Loaded '96: Double Header, Christmas Nights Into Dreams, Decathlete, Robotica

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 19th, 2007, 4:49 pm

Now it's time for you to be the critic, and say what you think about these reviews.  Sorry I couldn't find a screenshot for Bases Loaded '96.  Yes, there were some on the back of the box, but they didn't match what was in the game.  Go figure.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 19th, 2007, 10:14 pm

Nice to see some Saturn reviews...

The last couple of lines in the Bases Loaded review almost made me piss myself.  I was laughing pretty hard.  Thats why you're the best Critic...you have a certain way with words...excellent work!

Cary Strunk

Postby Cary Strunk » April 20th, 2007, 1:56 pm

IMHO, Robotica did nothing to lay the groundwork for Alien Trilogy. One was developed in Japan (Robotica), the other by Probe in the UK. The fact that Acclaim distributed both is largely meaningless since there was undoubtedly no asset sharing between the respective developers.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 20th, 2007, 6:20 pm

[QUOTE=Cary Strunk]IMHO, Robotica did nothing to lay the groundwork for Alien Trilogy. One was developed in Japan (Robotica), the other by Probe in the UK. The fact that Acclaim distributed both is largely meaningless since there was undoubtedly no asset sharing between the respective developers.
[/QUOTE]

You're probably right about that.  I'll modify the review.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 20th, 2007, 6:22 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]
The last couple of lines in the Bases Loaded review almost made me piss myself.  I was laughing pretty hard.
[/QUOTE]

I've always said, "If I could just make one reader piss himself, my time will have been well spent."

My next goal?  Root beer through the nose.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » April 20th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Yay, my favorite videogame system gets new reviews from the Critic.  Quick question though, why no rating for "Christmas NiGHTS" (it says NA)?

I actually dug "Robotica" back in its day.  Between "Robotica" and the "Kileak" games on PlayStation (as well as "Iron Angel of the Apocalypse" on 3DO) the 32-bit consoles were overflowing with plenty of mechanized "Doom" clones out of the gate.  "Bases Loaded '96" is just one of the many baseball games (on Saturn or any system back in the mid-90's) not fit to carry the jockstrap of Sega's "World Series Baseball" games, especially the Saturn versions but also the excellent Blue Sky-coded Genesis and 32X versions.  "Decathlete" didn't cut it for me (never been a fan of the Konami-patterned button-mashing Olympic sports genre) but it sure was purty since its one of the few Saturn games ("Virtua Fighter 2" and "Mass Destruction" are two others off the top of my head) to use the system's highest-possible resolution output.  And nothing left to be said about "Christmas NiGHTS" that hasn't been said before.  It's a timeless classic that I've played every winter since I got my Saturn in '96.

Quiet Flight

Postby Quiet Flight » April 21st, 2007, 6:41 pm

I was wondering how you can play Sonic in X-mas nights?

Return to “Review Feedback”