FC Twin?

General and high profile video game topics.
HawgWyld1

FC Twin?

Postby HawgWyld1 » April 30th, 2007, 3:15 pm

Hope this hasn't been posted yet, but I was wondering if anyone has purchased an FC Twin (an NES/SNES clone system). If so, what do you think of it. The ability to play NES and SNES games on one console would sure save me some room, but I wonder about compatibility issues in terms of both hardware and games.

I'd hate to put that top loader NES of mine in the closet, but I'd be happy to do that if this little FC Twin works as advertised.

Steerforth

FC Twin?

Postby Steerforth » April 30th, 2007, 7:40 pm

I bought a GenericNES a while back, and I have been pretty happy with it. Nothing fancy, but it was only $30 and came with 2 decent controllers, compatible with the original NES controls and light gun. Had I known about the one you are talking about, I would have gotten that however. I've wanted a SNES for a while now, get one someday. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

chrisbid1

FC Twin?

Postby chrisbid1 » April 30th, 2007, 8:03 pm

the NES portion is no different than any other NES-on-a-chip clone devices. that is to say, the sound is a bit wonky, and there are some games that wont work (castlevania III is an example)

the SNES portion is very accurate, but it will not work with carts with extra pins (super FX games and a few others i dont remember at the moment)

Atarifever1

FC Twin?

Postby Atarifever1 » April 30th, 2007, 10:36 pm

Well, it'd certainly save me room in the dusty old cardboard box I have in the basement with my SNES and NES in it.

Anyone know if there's a Genesis and SMS variety?  Also, are there any Turbo Grafx clones?

HawgWyld1

FC Twin?

Postby HawgWyld1 » April 30th, 2007, 11:04 pm

[QUOTE=Steerforth]<P>I bought a GenericNES a while back, and I have been pretty happy with it. Nothing fancy, but it was only $30 and came with 2 decent controllers, compatible with the original NES controls and light gun. Had I known about the one you are talking about, I would have gotten that however. I've wanted a SNES for a while now, get one someday. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?</P>[/QUOTE]

Haven't bought one yet, but I've noticed those sell all day long on eBay for around $40 to $50 (plus shipping). Looked pretty cheap, but it's got to be very good if I'm going to toss my top-loader NES in the closet (I need a new SNES anyway, so the price looks very good).

Leo Ames

FC Twin?

Postby Leo Ames » May 1st, 2007, 1:25 am

The FC Twin works with Super FX SNES games, though the colors are off on Star Fox and it might have other issues.

Here is a video showing games running off it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CYv8USm7dbU

Return to “Video Games General”