Taito Legends 2

General and high profile video game topics.
Riftt

Taito Legends 2

Postby Riftt » June 6th, 2007, 6:20 pm

I didnt even know this had come out! I went to the store today and there it was and I had to buy it.  Does the critic have this one yet?  I know he is a big fan of Qix which is included here. 

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Taito Legends 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 6th, 2007, 7:22 pm

Oh my goodness - I have to have this!!  Somebody post a game list please.

Koopa W.

Taito Legends 2

Postby Koopa W. » June 6th, 2007, 7:32 pm

Here, Dave:

Alpine Ski, Arabian Magic, Balloon Bomber, Bonze Adventure, Bust-A-Move Again (Puzzle Bobble 2), Cameltry, Chack’n Pop, Cleopatra Fortune, Crazy Balloon, Darius Gaiden, Don Doko Don, Dungeon Magic, Elevator Action Returns (Elevator Action II), Front Line, G Darius, Gekirindan, Grid Seeker: Project Storm Hammer, Growl, Gun Frontier, Hat Trick Hero (Football Champ), Insector X, KiKi KaiKai, Kuri Kinton, Liquid Kids, Lunar Rescue, Majestic Twelve (Super Space Invaders '91), Metal Black, Nastar Warrior (Rastan 2), Puchi Carat, Qix, Raimais, Ray Storm, Space Invaders '95, Space Invaders DX, Syvalion, The Fairyland Story, The Legend Of Kage, Violence Fight and Wild Western.

riftt

Taito Legends 2

Postby riftt » June 6th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Played around with it a little today - there are some great games in here!  The one where you are a dragon breathing fire through a maze is great, although it feels like it originally used a trackball. 

I do have to warn people though: the awesome layout and presentation of the first Legends is NOT present in part 2: it is a very bare-bones game list. 

JustLikeHeaven1

Taito Legends 2

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » June 6th, 2007, 8:45 pm

The rarity of some of those games make Taito Legends 2 easily worth the money.

Hell, last summer I spent $40 on a japanese import of Elevator Action Returns (Saturn).  For fans of classic games this collection is really a no brainer. 

Iain

Taito Legends 2

Postby Iain » June 6th, 2007, 10:05 pm

It has been out here for about a year now. Really good colelction. The differences between the PS2 and Xbox versions are really irritating though

Leo Ames

Taito Legends 2

Postby Leo Ames » June 7th, 2007, 12:31 am

What differences besides each having 4 exclusive games due to the development problems outside of Empire's control?

The UK Xbox version is region free for those of you that want the other 4 exclusive games in the US.

Adamant1

Taito Legends 2

Postby Adamant1 » June 7th, 2007, 1:08 pm

[QUOTE=Koopa W.]Here, Dave: Alpine Ski, Arabian Magic, Balloon Bomber, Bonze Adventure, Bust-A-Move Again (Puzzle Bobble 2), Cameltry, Chack’n Pop, Cleopatra Fortune, Crazy Balloon, Darius Gaiden, Don Doko Don, Dungeon Magic, Elevator Action Returns (Elevator Action II), Front Line, G Darius, Gekirindan, Grid Seeker: Project Storm Hammer, Growl, Gun Frontier, Hat Trick Hero (Football Champ), Insector X, KiKi KaiKai, Kuri Kinton, Liquid Kids, Lunar Rescue, Majestic Twelve (Super Space Invaders '91), Metal Black, Nastar Warrior (Rastan 2), Puchi Carat, Qix, Raimais, Ray Storm, Space Invaders '95, Space Invaders DX, Syvalion, The Fairyland Story, The Legend Of Kage, Violence Fight and Wild Western. [/QUOTE]

Uh, are these supposed to be legitimate classics? I've heard of exactly 3 of them (Kiki Kaikai, Qix and Legend of Kage), and I'm familiar with the Bust-a-move, Elevator Action, Darius and Space Invaders despite the titles included on this disc not really ringing a bell.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Taito Legends 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 7th, 2007, 3:50 pm

At long last, I'll finally have my own copy of Crazy Balloon!!  My life is complete.

riftt

Taito Legends 2

Postby riftt » June 7th, 2007, 4:47 pm

crazy balloon is hard as heck!

seems like a lot of these games originally used trackballs or turn dials to control. 

the marble maze one is still fun though. 

no gun games this time but a lot of shooters

Rastan 2 is interesting...pretty ugly graphics though

Return to “Video Games General”