7/3/2007: Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Blah

Postby Blah » July 3rd, 2007, 7:17 pm

I'll go with a solid C.

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » July 3rd, 2007, 7:25 pm

OK, I'm game.  I'll guess the Critic gave the game the first "F-- to the double super infinity" in VGC history.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 3rd, 2007, 8:16 pm

Sorry - my screw-up.  It's up now.  And if you thought you were disappointed, I was stoked to read 13 replies!

a_v

Postby a_v » July 3rd, 2007, 8:46 pm

I'm still not seeing it

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » July 3rd, 2007, 9:13 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Sorry - my screw-up.  It's up now.  And if you thought you were disappointed, I was stoked to read 13 replies!

[/QUOTE]

I see it now.  It's a good review that doesn't exaggerate the game.

a1

Postby a1 » July 3rd, 2007, 9:17 pm

Okay, it's up. I agree for the most part. I guess I found the game's flaws a little more frustrating, as I would have given it a C. Still, it was a lot better than most recent 3d Sonic outings (I also like it more than the original Sonic Adventure; sue me.) I thought the rings were actually a decent idea, but I completely agree with you about the turning smoother and braking better being experience-using abilities. Good controls shouldn't be conditional. The next game will probably make you unlock jumping. 

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » July 3rd, 2007, 9:32 pm

Yep, I was correct with my prediction. Sonic Wii is the very definition of a B game: some very strong points, with some weak spots.

It's easy to see where my review of B+ came from versus the Critic's grade of B. I liked the aspect of customizing Sonic's moves, "trivial" as some might be.

I tend to like having customization in gameplay, whereas the Critic likes things more simple, it seems.

In any case, he gets the main thing right: This is a very fun game that looks great, and has average sound.

-Rob

Michael D

Postby Michael D » July 4th, 2007, 1:20 am

Yay, Sonic!  Finally, he's got a good game for a change.  But I'm curious about one thing, Dave.  Did you try out the multiplayer minigames?  If so, seeing as the opinions many have had regarding them have been mixed (some liked them, others despised them), what'd you think of them?

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » July 4th, 2007, 2:02 am

Man, I gotta tell ya, the terrible voice acting almost ruined this otherwise great game for me. I wish it was like old 2D Sonics or Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and just threw you in there without all of the meaningless story BS. The voice acting is atrocious!

FUNK

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » July 4th, 2007, 4:35 am

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V]Man, I gotta tell ya, the terrible voice acting almost ruined this otherwise great game for me. I wish it was like old 2D Sonics or Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and just threw you in there without all of the meaningless story BS. The voice acting is atrocious!

FUNK

[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!!!  Somebody try to tell me again, after playing Secret Rings, that Nintendo is stupid for not doing voice acting in Zelda games.  I think that it should be reserved for new games.  Not classic ones with characters that already have their own voices in our minds.  This is why I would never watch a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon.  It would ruin it for me.

Return to “Review Feedback”