Game Boy: Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 3, Gunstar Super Heroes, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Game Boy: Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 3, Gunstar Super Heroes, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 14th, 2006, 10:34 am

Agree or disagree?  Comments?

Bosyton

Postby Bosyton » January 14th, 2006, 11:13 am

Cool feature, I think you were dead on about Gunstar Super Heroes! I would add that the game is totally overrated and a rip-off! I thought it deserved a B- or a C+ due to its short length in addition to the comments you made. Keep up the good work, love your site!

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » January 14th, 2006, 4:01 pm

I also think your review was dead-on. If I was to review the game, my main point of focus&scorn  would be the downgraded weapons system. What made the orginal Gunstar Heroes such a treat was the weapon combining system, and all the sweet expermentation that came with it. I'm glad you brought that up.

I sort of get a negitive vibe from the game that the programmers weren't confident in themselves to make a totally new game, and all the recycled level elements/situations feels like a lack of confidence of the programmers instead of a feeling of nostolga.

My feeling is they should have made a completely new sequal, win lose or draw.

Especially since people like me still own a Genesis and still play the orginal Gunstar Heroes and want something totally new after 13 freaking years, instead of rehashed levels.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 14th, 2006, 10:18 pm

I agree with the B rating (although I personally liked it better than that, I can see some people liking it less than I do).  I would have liked the old weapon system, and the "flying on top of a spaceship" level was pretty weak stuff.  However, I think the game was more than fun enough to warrent a strong B.  The dice palace this time is easily as good as the original ( I  really love the new "rolling" scheme).   I don't think it's bad that they brought back a lot of the stuff from the original, that's what a lot of sequels do. Super Mario World brought back a lot of what was in Mario 3 boss-wise and "wapons" related. Spilenter Cell Chaos theory has a lot in common with Splinter Cell.  Halo 2 has a lot in common with Halo 1.  I wouldn't have wanted to feel completely unfamilar with the new game given that I spend easily 10% of all my gaming time (I kid you not) playing the original Gunstar Heroes.  Of course, maybe that explains some of why I forgive them so much here. 

Return to “Review Feedback”