NES: Caveman Games, Play Action Football, Urban Champion

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 22nd, 2006, 10:19 am

[QUOTE=VG-Robot]Yeah, well, games should be rated by the time which they were released, not by how they compare to games today.

You know, otherwise I would rate Halo a D, instead of the C that it would get at the time it was released. Or, what it SHOULD have gotten. [/QUOTE]

I rate them in comparison to other games for the same system, which I think is fair.  And obviously I can't rate them by how good they were when first released, because I can't go back in time.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 22nd, 2006, 12:27 pm

Urban Champion sucks and it sucked at the time.  My brother got one of those 31-in-1 game carts as a kid (everyone I knew growing up had one, I think they're from China or something) and that was on it.  I remember that even back then,  when the NES was king, we played it a few times and said "wow, this really really sucks".   Keep in mind that on this same Cart we played hours of Mappy, Lunar ball (pool), that weird connect 4 game, Donkey Kong, Wrestle (I forget the real name, I think it's like Muscle wrestling or something), Arcade Mario Bros, Ice Climber, and many other simple Nintendo games.  If I were giving it the rating I gave it as a kid, I'd give it an F.  I don't think me, my sister, and my brother were ever more disappointed in a game, and we had ET on the 2600. 

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » January 22nd, 2006, 11:10 pm

The NES gets my vote as the system with the most crap games. I randomly buy cheap loose NES games at used game stores, and for every "Vice Project Doom" that I buy, I've bought 5 "Urban Champions". There's TONS of NES games that suck crap, even by 1986 standards.

Return to “Review Feedback”