VGC Bashing in Videopac Forums

General and high profile video game topics.
PingvinBlueJeans

Postby PingvinBlueJeans » August 7th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Dave, I just noticed there's a thread about you and your "disrespect" for the Videopac/Odyssey 2 in the Videopac.org forums, if you care to respond:

http://www.videopac.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1219&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Koopa W.

Postby Koopa W. » August 7th, 2007, 10:55 pm

What the f*** is a Videopac? And right now, I feel like some Dave bashing, but I shall refrain from it.

Wallyworld1

Postby Wallyworld1 » August 8th, 2007, 12:54 am

This topic should fall under The VGC Conspiracy topic.

Looks like you found some concrete evidence of the Conspiracy.

PingvinBlueJeans

Postby PingvinBlueJeans » August 8th, 2007, 12:58 am

[QUOTE=Koopa W.]What the f*** is a Videopac?[/QUOTE]
lol...European version of the Odyssey 2.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » August 8th, 2007, 10:30 am

[QUOTE=PingvinBlueJeans]Dave, I just noticed there's a thread about you and your "disrespect" for the Videopac/Odyssey 2 in the Videopac.org forums, if you care to respond:

http://www.videopac.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1219&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
[/QUOTE]

Okay, I know we're all a bit weird with our own fanboyisms but these guys freaking love the Odyssey2.  Talk about absurd.  I wonder if there will be a Dave hating campaign by the Pippin lovers of the world.

Anayo1

Postby Anayo1 » August 8th, 2007, 1:00 pm

[QUOTE]I wonder if there will be a Dave hating campaign by the Pippin lovers of the world.

[/QUOTE]

Both of them?

Koopa W.

Postby Koopa W. » August 8th, 2007, 1:29 pm

[QUOTE=Anayo][QUOTE]I wonder if there will be a Dave hating campaign by the Pippin lovers of the world.

[/QUOTE]

Both of them?
[/QUOTE]

That is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. "Both of them?" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Those guys on that site are freaking retarded. I've never played it, but I know enough about it to know that the Oddyseey 2 very likely sucked wang. I'm not a Dave fan in any way, shape, or form myself (his reviews are good and often funny, but I think he's a complete jerk, like the jock who beats you up at school for no reason, or the ancient english teacher who loathes abbreviations.), but they are all total dumbasses.

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » August 8th, 2007, 2:41 pm

I doubt Dave hates you Koopa. I would think he finds you irritating.

-Rob

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » August 8th, 2007, 3:15 pm

[QUOTE=Koopa W.]
 I've never played it, but I know enough about it to know that the Oddyseey 2 very likely sucked wang.
[/QUOTE]

In this case you would be wrong.  The O2 is, by no stretch of the imagination, incredible, but neither does it suck.  It isn't even the worst system from its time.  The Fairchild F and RCA Studio 2 have much, much more going against them than the O2.  Also, there are some real gems on the O2.  Killer Bees, KC Munchkin, Pick Axe Pete, and KC's Crazy chase come to mind.  Since homebrewers have stepped up to the plate, the O2 has gotten some unbelievable support.  Kill the Attacking Aliens (KTAA) is the best game on the system, and one of my favorite games of all time, for example.  Also, the Imagic titles are supposedly pretty solid.

You have to remember, the O2 was a very early effort in programmable consoles, and it wasn't a bad effort.  To put the gaming market of the time into context, here's an article that might help (you'll have to choose zoom in).  That's a great article by the way.

Also, I can see why people at those forums would have a minor beef with Dave, as his review of Alien Invaders Plus is way off, but it's hardly the kind of thing you get mad about.  No, the real trick is to keep visiting the site and working in references (Pole Position 2) to games (come on, it's way under-rated) that you would like (ask yourself, is it really worse than Jinks?) to see re-reviewed (it's certainly not two entire letter grades below Hang On-- a Pole Position clone which was also a pack-in).   

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 8th, 2007, 4:05 pm

This is a timely subject!  I just happen to have a new set of Odyssey 2 reviews ready to post (thanks to my new multi-cart), and these reviews are quite favorable.

Return to “Video Games General”