Genesis/Sega CD Suggestion/Questions

General and high profile video game topics.
Chris Marsh

Postby Chris Marsh » February 13th, 2006, 8:41 pm

There is a weird game I just got called Michael Jackson's Moonwalker for Genesis. If you like to make fun of games, this is the game to get. The whole premise is just so funny that it should be played for this reason. I also got Ghostbusters for Genesis. This game is better and different from the lame NES/Master System game. You seem to be disappointed by the other version, so it would be a good idea to at least give this one a try. There is more gameplay(This is a platformer where you shoot ghosts) and less tedious missions. Some people claim that there is a scene of nudity in the original version of Night Trap. I was just wondering if this is true or if it is just a rumor because you are someone who seems to know the game very well(Just curious).

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » February 14th, 2006, 6:36 am

Well, I'm not the critic but I had to comment on your genny
titles. You are right, MJ's Moonwalker is very funny and the music is INCREDIBLE for genesis, but the game is sooo tedious... you basically do the exact same thing level after level after level, until the very end when it changes just a LITTLE.... Ghostbusters is awesome though. The graphics are incredible even today. The characters look like cutout heads of Harold Ramis, Bill murry, etc.. and the ghosts are great. Only problem is the game is SOOO hard, I beat most genesis games back then but, while I did make it to the last level, I could never beat this one.
I currently am still looking for this one again (I had enough of Michael screaming "OOOH-OW!" in Moonwalker!).

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » February 14th, 2006, 7:29 am

after you get past the premise, moonwalker isnt that bad of a game

Cafeman1

Postby Cafeman1 » February 14th, 2006, 11:28 am

Nope, no nudity in Night Trap, but the scantily clad girls were still more risqué back in those days than a 16-bit Chun Li, plus they get killed before your eyes!

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » February 14th, 2006, 6:19 pm

GhostBuster for the genesis is a solid game and I actually made a post about it around a month ago.  It is very hard, but its the best use of the GB license and I still find it enjoyable even today.  I also really enjoy the way the characters really resemble their on screen counterparts.  Its almost like you are controlling a little Bill Murray bobble-head on screen!

Return to “Video Games General”