I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

The readers post their own reviews.
JustLikeHeaven1

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » February 21st, 2006, 4:21 pm

I just read your review of Mischief Makers and I'm not gonna lie, but you should really take out the section that states you couldn't figure out how to play for over a year.  How do you pop in a game and think that you just can't move?  Statements like that really hurt your crediblility.

Bryan

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby Bryan » February 21st, 2006, 5:11 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven][QUOTE=Bryan]

It's simply just my opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the concept of making a over-all review website has been taken and reused so many times, if I were to make a website rating video games on what every one thought of them, I'd look stupid because the idea has been perfected. So I made one with my opinions. Surely you understand?

Bryan

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with the grade given.  In fact I haven't even played Mario Golf, but I heard it was a great game.  I want to know WHY you gave it a F.  You don't really tell the reader anything in detail.  You simply state that the game is awful and don't give us any reasons.  Does it suffer from poor control?  Is it too hard for the average gamer?  Please do yourself a favor and elaborate on pros and cons.  When somebody reads a review they want to read about specific things that made the reviewer upset as well as elated.  Again you can tell me to shut up if you want...I'm just trying to lend a helping hand.
[/QUOTE]

I know, and I just finished writing in more examples/pros. and cons./ more about the game in general. I have also fixed my 'wacked out' grading, now it's much more well, right. Like I mentioned before though, I'm using iupui's server to update, so it's going to be a while untill you all can actually see the changes... It's just better to do a lot then upload it to the server, you know. But thanks for all the ideas/constructive critism, I'm always ready to make my site better!

Thanks again,

Bryan

Bryan

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby Bryan » February 21st, 2006, 6:09 pm

I got a idea, I was thinking of making a table for every game that actually lists the PROS and CONS. I think it's a good idea, but I'm always availible for suggestions. Now it also take a long time, so the website might actually be updated on thursday instead of tuesday. So, you will all gaze upon it at least on thursday (Not any day after that of course)

Thanks,

Bryan

sega staurn x

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby sega staurn x » February 22nd, 2006, 12:21 am

Bryan by chance how old are you?  In your mischief makers review you sad you had to become older and wiser to master the idea of using the D pad instead of the analog stick.  Were you like 5 when you got the game?  I'm just trying to wrap my head around this one, it's a 2-d game using the D pad only makes sense.

And another thing in your Oot review you said that 1998 was early for the game to have come out, that's over 2 years since the n64 launch how in the world is that early?

Bryan

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby Bryan » February 22nd, 2006, 3:40 pm

[QUOTE=sega staurn x]Bryan by chance how old are you?  In your mischief makers review you sad you had to become older and wiser to master the idea of using the D pad instead of the analog stick.  Were you like 5 when you got the game?  I'm just trying to wrap my head around this one, it's a 2-d game using the D pad only makes sense.

And another thing in your Oot review you said that 1998 was early for the game to have come out, that's over 2 years since the n64 launch how in the world is that early?

[/QUOTE]

Goodness, I'm 14, I was about 8 or 9 or 10, or maybe 13... But anyhoo, I didn;t get it.

And I just think it's to early, case closed, if you dont, I would love you to write your own review for it. I'd post that instead

sega saturn x

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby sega saturn x » February 23rd, 2006, 4:40 pm

[QUOTE=Bryan]

[QUOTE=sega staurn x]Bryan by chance how old are you?  In your mischief makers review you sad you had to become older and wiser to master the idea of using the D pad instead of the analog stick.  Were you like 5 when you got the game?  I'm just trying to wrap my head around this one, it's a 2-d game using the D pad only makes sense.

[/QUOTE]

Goodness, I'm 14, I was about 8 or 9 or 10, or maybe 13... But anyhoo, I didn;t get it.

And I just think it's to early, case closed, if you dont, I would love you to write your own review for it. I'd post that instead

[/QUOTE]
That explains a lot, well just take out advice to heart and your site will improve.

Boston

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby Boston » February 25th, 2006, 7:38 pm

Keep up the good work Bryan, I like your site and your reviews. Take it easy!

Atarifever1

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby Atarifever1 » February 25th, 2006, 8:37 pm

Bryan, what's your site called by the way?  You should come up with a title for it.  Video Game Reviews is pretty generic.  It'll be a quick way to add some credability (as long as it's a good name).  I'm sure people here would be more than happy to provide suggestions.

bluemonkey1

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby bluemonkey1 » February 26th, 2006, 7:36 am

It seems reasonable.

You have a lot of content there which is good.  I would say the most important thing is to sort out the spelling in there.  Just sit down once a week and re-read the whole site carefully.  That way each week you will spot some new mistakes and be able to improve the quality of the content that you already have. 

It might be interesting for you to provide something a little different to the critic too as some have said.  Like in mine I go for longer reviews with images roughly 350x280 or so (with any horrible logos photoshopped out) and editiorials.  Since you obviously have a very large library of n64 games why not have an editorial section where you can explain your views on different aspects of the N64, what you thin it did well at and poorly at.  I think a lot of people might find those articles quite interesting.

Ooh just one thing there are no 240 bit systems or whatever, it's questionable even to talk about the DC as 128bit.

Bryan

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!

Postby Bryan » February 27th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Thanks for all the feedback! I still havent got around to updating it yet, I've been playing conker live and reloaded online... I'm hooked! But I will most definatly get EVERYTHING next week

Return to “Reader Reviews”