Your movie reviews

General and high profile video game topics.
sega saturn x

Your movie reviews

Postby sega saturn x » February 14th, 2005, 3:34 pm

This is a good idea but im wondering how you got the gamer and general grades?  I have yet to meet an resident evil fan who liked 2 i have met a few who thought 1 was good but not many.  Really i just think you over rated a bunch of those movies tomb raider a B?

Dennis

Your movie reviews

Postby Dennis » February 14th, 2005, 3:56 pm

The problem with making movies out of games is that games, in general, have very simple, derivitave, mindless plots... they're just a framework to support the game.  You can't do that in a movie if you want to make it a good movie.  Even Mortal Kombat, which most would argue is the best game-based movie ever, is pretty lame when compared to "real" movies. 

My question to the VGC is:  Where are Super Mario Bros. and Double Dragon?  Also, The Wizard doesn't exactly fit the category, but I'd love to see a review of it. 

And, though I've never seen Tomb Raider 2, surely whatever scene in which she's wearing that silver one-piece thing qualifies as memorable...

Zen444

Your movie reviews

Postby Zen444 » February 14th, 2005, 4:49 pm

I really hate Double Dragon the movie... just GAH!

chrisbid1

Your movie reviews

Postby chrisbid1 » February 15th, 2005, 2:06 am

[QUOTE=Zen444]I really hate Double Dragon the movie... just GAH![/QUOTE]

hey now, Alyssa Milano is in Double Dragon. and nothing is funnier than idea that bubble gum hip hop saves the world... though the cameo of Andy Dick comes close.

Caf

Your movie reviews

Postby Caf » February 16th, 2005, 11:33 am

I just read the reviews! I agree with the synopses. Mortal Kombat 1 is the best of the bunch, the rest are pretty awful (didn't see R.E. 2 "yet").  Mortal Kombat surprised me, it was a fun film and I wasn't a big MK fan either. It reminded me a little bit of old Ray Harryhausen films such as those Sinbad ones -- mortals battling creatures and immortals in a strange land.

Tomb Raider 1 - though I can't watch it again - was a good effort. But TR2 , I felt it was horrible.  Too over the top and lame. When Lara slit her arm underwater to attract the bad-CG shark , then rode it to the surface, I knew I had witnessed the worst film of the year.

Funkmaster V

Your movie reviews

Postby Funkmaster V » February 16th, 2005, 7:12 pm

Final Fantasy is god awful, too.... couldn't sit through more than 30 minutes of it and I was on security watch at work. I actually took the tape out and sat there looking at the wall.

Street Fighter was sickening... but Dhalsim is in it... he's just normal looking until the radiation affects him. The animated movie is really really good, however... with the fight scene between Chun Li and Vega being the hihlight. Not enough Zangief, though

CV

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Your movie reviews

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 16th, 2005, 11:13 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about Final Fantasy. That was absolute torture - the worst video game movie of all! I'm curious about the Street Fighter Animated movie - has anyone else seen it?

chrisbid1

Your movie reviews

Postby chrisbid1 » February 17th, 2005, 3:49 am

ive seen it, it comes on copies of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for PS2. Its your typical anime, adding stuff that has nothing to do with the game to close story loopholes and add drama. its not great, but its not horrible either

Paul Campbell

Your movie reviews

Postby Paul Campbell » February 17th, 2005, 12:21 pm

Huh. If you're talking about "Final Fantasy: The Spirits within", then I thought it was awesome. You probably should watch it again just to make sure.

And it was BY FAR the most critically acclaimed of ANY video game movie EVER.

Caf

Your movie reviews

Postby Caf » February 17th, 2005, 12:23 pm

The SF Animated movie is probably the best of them all.

I think you should be able to buy the tape or DVD in stores. I think EB and Gamestop might have them ... it has been a while, I think i rented it years ago. Is the film actually included as a separate disc on the PS2 SF Collection?

Return to “Video Games General”