3/17/2006: Nintendo DS: Metroid Prime Pinball, Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 17th, 2006, 4:12 pm

Post your feedback about these reviews here.

hi there

Postby hi there » March 17th, 2006, 4:53 pm

I think you put too much emphasis on graphics and scare value in the resident evil review.

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » March 17th, 2006, 5:06 pm

You can change the blood color in Resident Evil: Deadly Silence.

I would've given Resident Evil a B. Yeah, the screen is kinda small, but it's not THAT annoying, and the items are visible enough. I guess having played the original RE enough that I know where all the scary bits are made me not notice if the game makes you jump less on a DS, but I can't imagine the difference being that huge. It IS a port of the PSX version were talking about, after all, not a downgraded version of the GC remake, and the DS does a fine job of emulating the original graphics. Deadly Silence is a fine game, and a fun remake for the RE fans.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » March 17th, 2006, 8:33 pm

[QUOTE=Adamant]You can change the blood color in Resident Evil: Deadly Silence.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is true and should be mentioned/changed on the review.  As a piece of nostalgia and a game perfectly suited for the DS' d-pad only commands I found the game enjoyable and still exciting to play.  BTW, some of the command innovations from the latter 'Resident Evil' installments (like the quick 180 degree turn) have been mapped to the controls of 'Deadly Silence.'  Check them out Dave, and adjust your review text accordingly to get this game closer to the B+ score it deserves (please!!!???)!

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » March 22nd, 2006, 9:27 pm

So can you only toggle between red and green for the blood or can you make hot colors, like you could in nanostray?

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » March 23rd, 2006, 5:51 am

I don't really get how you can be scared of something so small and with tiny speakers though.  It's different playing on a big screen with speakers all around you.  Resident Evil isn't much if it doesn't scare you.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » March 23rd, 2006, 3:23 pm

The original resident evil isn't scary now no matter where you play it.  I think two and three still have a good amount of shock to them but one is just so ugly it never really seems scary anymore.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » March 23rd, 2006, 6:34 pm

I found 2 less scary myself due to the huge abundentness of ammo.  Personally I still find it has that magic feeling to the game.  Same way I find Prince of Darkness scary .

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » March 26th, 2006, 10:21 pm

I was in a store today and I saw RE: Deadly Silence for $25 and sat that and pondered for a while if it was a worthwhile purchase.  After a few minutes of swaying back and for I left and didn't buy anything.  Personally I love the RE games and the reviews for this game range from crap to pretty good.  I wondered if the game was really worth playing through one more time.  Hell I played the original, the director's cut and the gamecube remake.  I guess my question is, if someone loves the series as much as I do why not get a portable version with some slightly new gameplay elements.  The original RE is one of the best games ever made and I think the fact that they KEEP releasing it on different platforms is a testiment of its quality (and a shameless way to make a quick buck).  I think a C- is too low for a game that the only major complaint you have is that its not scary anymore.  After the first time you experience it RE is no longer scary anyway...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 26th, 2006, 11:23 pm

Dude, I never said it wasn't scary.  Resident Evil is one of the scariest games ever.  I'm still scared of that game.  But I think it's effectiveness is compromised on the small screen.

Return to “Review Feedback”