4/1/2006: Xbox 360: Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Project Gotham Racing 3, Ridge Racer 6

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

4/1/2006: Xbox 360: Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Project Gotham Racing 3, Ridge Racer 6

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 1st, 2006, 2:37 pm

At long last - Xbox 360 reviews!  I wanted to make sure the first batch was pretty good, and I think these three are very well written.  Let me know if you agree.  Also, I'll be posting a review of King Kong very soon.

Dave

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » April 1st, 2006, 3:19 pm

As an Xbox 360 owner that has played these same games (bought [b]RR6[/b] and rented [b]NFS[/b] and [b]Gotham 3[/b]) I have to disagree slightly about Namco's racer.  It's designed and looks almost exactly like the PSP [b]Ridge Racer[/b] game released last March.  It's a testament to Namco programmers and the PSP technology that, aside from resolution, both the portable PSP and the 360 games look/play/sound identical.  I expect more from my $60 on a 360 games than the same game I paid $40 on PSP.  The new 360 version of [b]Burnout[/b] has made mince of all driving games that came before it (it's one gorgeous-looking mother), but [b]NFS[/b] is still second-funnest with the realism of [b]Gotham 3[/b] makes it a close third (love to drive in cockpit view and look around from left to right outside the window; no way the regular Xbox could pull this realistic-looking views).  [b]RR6[/b] is a C+ game, but you're the only one that has given it a positive review in the A's.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 1st, 2006, 4:43 pm

[QUOTE=J.M. Vargas]

[b]RR6[/b] is a C+ game, but you're the only one that has given it a positive review in the A's.

[/QUOTE]

Are you insinuating that I'm "wrong" because my grade is not consistent with everyone else's?  I call 'em as I see 'em.  The mainstream media has been way off about a lot of past game titles, and they all tend to jump on the same bandwagon.   So if my opinion diverges from theirs, I'm glad.

Dave

Michael D.

Postby Michael D. » April 1st, 2006, 6:11 pm

Very nice Xbox 360 reviews there.  They were very well written and fun to read through.  However, as someone who played PGR3, you probably should have mentioned how amazing the game looks when played in the in cockpit viewpoint, with the sun reflecting ever so slightly off the windshield and the other subtle effects. Otherwise, very nice job.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 1st, 2006, 8:34 pm

Maybe its just me, but I felt that the 360 reviews were a little longer than your usual reviews.  Not that this is a bad thing, just something that I noticed.  Keep up the quality work Dave.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 1st, 2006, 8:47 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]Maybe its just me, but I felt that the 360 reviews were a little longer than your usual reviews.  Not that this is a bad thing, just something that I noticed.  Keep up the quality work Dave.
[/QUOTE]

You are correct sir - these reviews are really pushing the limit, in terms of how long I think a review should be.  In general, my reviews for modern games tend to be more lengthy, because there's more to talk about.  However, I think one of the strengths of my review style is that I get right to the point.  So if I start putting in "fluff", let me know!

Dave 

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » April 23rd, 2006, 2:32 pm

J.M. what are you on about?  RR6 has had some stellar reviews.

To be honest I felt the critic was overly harsh on it!

It's the best racing game I have ever played.

Return to “Review Feedback”