Late review- MK1 Genesis

The readers post their own reviews.
NixonTech2071

Late review- MK1 Genesis

Postby NixonTech2071 » June 1st, 2008, 5:03 pm

ABOUT: MK1 Sweeped the arcades with the best looking violence since well... Whatever came before. This Genesis version offers alot of paly value if not a little more restrictive.

GRAPHICS: Looks as if the Genesis did almost ALL of it's work holding the games visuals. This even came before the dissapointing SNES version! Although you still need to use a code to unlock blood, it still remains more functional than the SNES port.

SOUND: The music feels more pulse-pounding due to the Genises's Near-Baseless audio. An ironic programming uniqueness in this port. Even if the voices are more staticy than the SNES version.

CONTROLS: The three button is widely acceptable in this version. Others cant get over the limitations, but MK1 and MK2 use both quite greatly

ENTERTAINMENT: What is the big difference in this port? It's next to being the best port since it could do a little more than the SNES version.

REPLAY: HIGH

OVERALL: 4/5 Next to all other Early ports, this is arguably the most desirable port ever.  

hi there

Late review- MK1 Genesis

Postby hi there » June 1st, 2008, 10:25 pm

I don't see what's "dissapointing" about the SNES verison except for blood.  The gameplay is the same, and it comes down to what controller you perfer.  MK is the only "normal" MK I like, the only other being the GB verison of MK2.  If they had used MK1 style AI when doing MK2, I would've loved it.  Instead, they ruined it. And I grew to hate MK.

NixonTech2071

Late review- MK1 Genesis

Postby NixonTech2071 » June 2nd, 2008, 7:04 am

[QUOTE=hi there]

I don't see what's "dissapointing" about the SNES verison except for blood.  The gameplay is the same, and it comes down to what controller you perfer.  MK is the only "normal" MK I like, the only other being the GB verison of MK2.  If they had used MK1 style AI when doing MK2, I would've loved it.  Instead, they ruined it. And I grew to hate MK.

[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, It's obvious that the GB is not capable of using INTERACTIVE large sprites on most games unless they ruin the frames.

JasonhasRSI1

Late review- MK1 Genesis

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » June 2nd, 2008, 2:12 pm

What the heck are "INTERACTIVE large sprites"?

hi there

Late review- MK1 Genesis

Postby hi there » June 2nd, 2008, 5:36 pm

[QUOTE=JasonhasRSI]What the heck are "INTERACTIVE large sprites"?
[/QUOTE]

I think he's talking about big sprites that animate and are part of gameplay, you can interact with them.

voor

Late review- MK1 Genesis

Postby voor » June 2nd, 2008, 6:37 pm

I'm docking all of ya'll a letter grade for not once specifiying what "MK" stands for?  Yeah, it's kinda obvious, but come on, spell the word

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Late review- MK1 Genesis

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 3rd, 2008, 8:04 pm

NixonTech: I didn't post your MK3 review because your reviews are growing increasingly sloppy, and your "mini-reviews" are starting to clutter up the place.  There are a lot of spelling errors and typos, and I agree with the reader that not spelling out the name of the game is just lazy.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but please take a break from the reviews for a while!  If you want to try again in a few weeks that's fine, but please make sure you take your time and put some effort into it.  I really don't want to see anyone posting more than one review per week.

Thanks!
Dave

Luigi & Peach

Re: Late review- MK1 Genesis

Postby Luigi & Peach » March 15th, 2016, 5:37 pm

I had this game for the Genesis and utilized both the 3 button and 6 button controller. I only briefly used the 3 button controller because had I not switched controllers my parents may have inquired as to why I was so frequently needing rides to buy new controllers (or why there were so many dents in the wall). Anybody that managed to play this game with a standard controller (with skill) deserves some sort of national recognition (a state holiday comes mind).

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » June 5th, 2017, 6:17 pm

Luigi & Peach wrote:I had this game for the Genesis and utilized both the 3 button and 6 button controller. I only briefly used the 3 button controller because had I not switched controllers my parents may have inquired as to why I was so frequently needing rides to buy new controllers (or why there were so many dents in the wall). Anybody that managed to play this game with a standard controller (with skill) deserves some sort of national recognition (a state holiday comes mind).

The game is definitely playable with the standard 3 button Genesis controller. But I found it a lot easier to execute special moves and fatalities with the 6 button controller. I think the reason why is because the D-Pad on the six button controller was a little smaller and contoured than the standard 3 button controller, which made sweeping your thumb across it to perform certain moves a breeze. With a 6 button controller, I was able to do Sub-Zero's fatality a lot more than I could with the standard 3 button one. Provided I was in the right place on the screen to do so, of course.

Tron

Postby Tron » June 14th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Dang skippy. That's one unsatisfactory review. Not up to par yo. Needs more effort. Room for improvement.

Return to “Reader Reviews”