The Critic's new 360 reviews

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » April 3rd, 2006, 12:42 am

While Dave was overall impressed with the first 4 games that he reviewed of the 360's, the reviews kind of prove to me what I thought all along. I don't need a 360, and you don't either.

Geez, three more racing games and a game that was great (and cheaper) on 3 other platforms? By the way, anyone know what is the percentage of the original Xbox's library that are racing games? Ten percent or more? I like racing games and all...  yea! ... but how many does a man have to play before they start running together in your mind? To me, 3 is the answer. I'm feeling bad for the Xbox 360's launch. Maybe it will do better... but so far it's been totally unappealing to me.

Waiting on the PS3 and Revolution,

CV

Leo Ames

Postby Leo Ames » April 3rd, 2006, 12:47 am

Can never have enough racers.

Just counted the racers I have for Xbox/PS2/GC, and it amounts to 34. By far my favorite genre.

Conn

Postby Conn » April 3rd, 2006, 3:47 am

You're forgetting that Dave hasn't reviewed games like Call of Duty 2 or Top Spin 2 or Ghost Recon or Dead or Alive 4. Granted, none of those are exclusives (Though Call of Duty 2 is 360-exclusive as far as consoles go), but they play better on the 360.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » April 3rd, 2006, 5:27 am

Racers are one of my favourite genres too.  There is a huge diversity in the genre so racing games do not just merge into one another.  The three he reviewed all play significantly differently.

xox

Postby xox » April 3rd, 2006, 6:44 am

After playing oblivion and GRAW I fail to see your point.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » April 3rd, 2006, 6:47 am

...I played one of those dismal 360 racers (can't remember which one) on "my freinds" (haven't seen that guy in awhile now) system and was 100% UNimpressed. And yes, I LIKE racers but the normal Xbox was as good as this! To me the 360 is just a marketing come on. Madison Avenue wants you to KNOW you need this, so of course you do. I was in a bookstore the other day and THE IDIOTS GUIDE TO THE X-360 was already out. 'nuff said!

-waiting for the next FUN system!

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » April 3rd, 2006, 1:57 pm

DoA 4 is exclusive.

And the XBox version of GRAW is supposed to play like a completely different game and be very bad in comparison.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 3rd, 2006, 2:05 pm

While I liked the Critic's reviews I wish he didn't choose a racer theme for the first batch of reviews.  I was hoping for a more diverse selection of games to be reviewed intially.  For someone on the fence, like I am, reading about three racing games is not going to convince me (and if I want Kong I will buy it for $40 less on my Xbox). I wanted to hear his thoughts on games like Condenmed, Kameo, Call of Duty, DOA 4...That way there is something for everyone.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » April 3rd, 2006, 4:02 pm

I own only 2 Xbox360 games right now. Full Auto and Perfect Dark Zero

I'm getting alot of enjoyement out of Full Auto, even though I'm not a racing fan and own very few racing games. I don't know about other Xbox360 racing games, but Full Auto has been solid fun for me, even if it isn't some truely mindblowing next-gen sensation.

I think Full Auto is in the "B" grade range.

Shazapp

Postby Shazapp » April 9th, 2006, 3:50 am

I have more fun with my 360 than I've had with my Xbox, GameCube and PS2 combined.  I currently own seven games for it (King Kong, Call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Condemned, Fight Night Round 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Madden NFL '06) and I've enjoyed myself immensely.

Only Madden failed to impress because it's half-baked and inferior to the Xbox version.  Graphically, it smokes the Xbox...but the gameplay is terrible.

All the haters can rag on it for being Xbox 1.5 or inferior to the unavailable PS3.  (How people know a system that isn't even out yet will be better is beyond me.)  I'm having a blast and consider it money well spent.

Return to “Modern Gaming”