4/14/2006: Xbox 360: Fight Night Round 3

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 14th, 2006, 6:39 pm

Post your thoughts here.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » April 15th, 2006, 1:07 am

Excellent review Dave.  I liked the overall quality and I was glad to see that it wasn't nearly as long as the King Kong review.  The average rating of your Xbox 360 reviews is around an A-.  Does this mean that you are very happy with your purchase of this system?  I know you were skeptical for a long time, but according to your reviews you seem to be enjoying it.  Do you still log in hours on your regular Xbox?  Sorry for the questions, but I am still on the fence about getting one and I use your reviews and opinions when buying games all the time. 

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » April 15th, 2006, 1:23 am

• "Fight Night Round 3 maintains an unprecedented level of realism without sacrificing the raw energy and fun of the sport."

This line from your review perfectly summarizes why EA, for once in its pathetic and greedy corporate life, got this game right Dave.  That the visuals would be outstanding was a given (the hardware is just too good for almost any game not to have an outstanding graphical 'WOW') but EA didn't let the control of your boxer and the intensity of fighting (the core of any fighting game, particularly boxing) play second fiddle to the gorgeous graphics.  Like 'King Kong' the absence of on-screen HUD truly immerses one into the game, right down to the annoying corporate sponsor visible from all camera angles (i.e. Burger King) and the crowds of spectators (who you should have mentioned in your review look like real people, not the usual 2D cardboard cutouts).  It doesn't get better than beating Roy Jones Jr.'s arrogant butt and saying outloud 'that was for that horrible 'Matrix' sequel you sick SOB.'  You know, fun times!

Kroozer

Postby Kroozer » April 17th, 2006, 11:03 am

I think this is the first review that you used 16.9 screenshots.  Way to go!!

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » April 22nd, 2006, 11:57 pm

So far out of the ten or so 360 games I have played this was the only one to really grab me including oblivion.  Hell I don't even LIKE boxing, but I had a blast playing this at the store.  And so far it's the only game to make me want a 360, I'm hoping the maybe that jet fighter game will also be fun.  Then maybe next price drop I'll be the owner of a 360.

Return to “Review Feedback”