Playstation 2, Xbox, GameCube reviews

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Conn

Postby Conn » April 15th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Personally, I think the Xbox deserves a A+ in packaging, because of the distinct green colour, a good "exclusive" emblem and a non-stupid "online" logo. But whatever.

Leo Ames

Postby Leo Ames » April 15th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo. So it is Nintendo.

I guess HAL is second party, but because Nintendo contracted them to develop it and published it themselves, it's first party and a Nintendo title as far as I'm concerned.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » April 16th, 2006, 1:31 am

[QUOTE=Leo Ames]

Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo. So it is Nintendo.

I guess HAL is second party, but because Nintendo contracted them to develop it and published it themselves, it's first party and a Nintendo title as far as I'm concerned.

[/QUOTE]
Like I said it's a trival and meaningless point.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » April 16th, 2006, 4:32 am

Here is the list that were done by 3rd parties (and in the case of Rareware a second party):

Battalion Wars - by Kuju Entertainment who make PS2 and XBox games too among other platforms.

Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix - Konami made it.

Donkey Konga - Namco

Donkey Konga 2 - Namco

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - Silicon Knights are currently working on 360 game and made many PC games

F-Zero GX - Sega

Mario Party 4 - Hudson Soft again multiformat 3rd party

Mario Party 6 - Hudson Soft again

Mario Party 7 - Oh look Hudson Soft

Mario Superstar Baseball - Namco

Star Fox Adventures - Rareware, these guys were 2nd party not first.  No Nintendo employees worked here.

Star Fox Assault - Namco

Super Mario Strikers - Next LEvel Games they make PS2 and Xbox stuff too.

Wario World - Treasure!

Here are the games made by companies whose affiliations I could not work out (it being their first or second game), or a company owned by Nintendo:

Chibi Robo - Skip Ltd
Doshin the Giant - Param
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Intelligent Systems ( I assume is owned by Nintendo due to history)
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - Camelot Co. Ltd. - used to make Saturn games not sure if owned by Nintendo now.
Mario Power Tennis - Camelot Co. Ltd still a question mark here
Metroid Prime - Retro Studios they're owned by Nintendo but Nintendo staff don't work there
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes - Retro Studios they're owned by Nintendo but Nintendo staff don't work there

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Intelligent Systems
Pokemon Channel - Ambrella, I am assuming they are a Nintendo subsidiary here
Pokemon Colosseum - Genius Sonority Inc - again I assume these are Nintendo owned.
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Genius Sonority Inc
Super Smash Bros. Melee- HAL Labs, look like Nintendo owned

You got the concepts of Publisher and Developer confused.  Publishers do not make the games, Developers do.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » April 16th, 2006, 6:24 am

No.  Just because Nintendo has stocks and shares in a company does not mean they are responsible for it's creative output.  Nintendo did not make those other games.  It is insulting to the game creators to lay their products as the creation of the person they made the game for.

That's like saying the Halo was made by Microsoft when it was made by Bungie. 

playgeneration

Postby playgeneration » April 16th, 2006, 10:26 am

Just because nintendo get third party developers to make some of their games does not make them any less nintendo games. Do you think they just let a company have their characters and sit back and wait for the finished game?. Nintendo definitly have a lot of creative input and control over how these games are made, they would be foolish to risk doing otherwise.

Leo Ames

Postby Leo Ames » April 16th, 2006, 12:18 pm

I'll stand by what I stated about Retro Studios. They're fully owned by Nintendo. It is a Nintendo development studio just like NST. It's no different than something like AM2 was for Sega.

It is 100% ran by Nintendo, but structured that way for tax purposes and to maintain the identity of the firm from before it was Nintendo owned for employee morale and other intangible benefits.

If Sega goes to Sumo for them to port over Outrun 2 to the Xbox, I don't care what the technicalities are, it's a Sega game in my eyes. Sega paid for it, had oversight over it, used their intellectual properties, etc. So I guess the Oracle games, Minish Cap, and the GBA port of Link to the Past aren't Nintendo games anymore? I disagree.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » April 16th, 2006, 12:39 pm

I guess I am old fashioned but when someone codes a game, does all the artwork, music and sound for it I tend to give them credit for making the game.

Zen444

Postby Zen444 » April 16th, 2006, 12:49 pm

"WAAAAAAH!! MY CONSOLE GOT A LOWER GRADE IN CERTAIN DEPARTMENTS THEN THE OTHER CONSOLE! I HATE YOU CRITIC!!!!111331 *Posts biased links.* HAHHAHAh CRITIC! FIX YOUT REVIEW!!!!!!!!111112121"-You people.

Conn

Postby Conn » April 16th, 2006, 3:24 pm

Bluemonkey is correct (Though, at the time being, Silcon Knights was a second party).

Why not just say "This is a fairly complete list of Nintendo-exclusive games"?

Return to “Review Feedback”