NES V SNES 'In the end, there can be only one...."

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Anayo1

Postby Anayo1 » December 2nd, 2008, 3:14 pm

[QUOTE=JasonhasRSI]Genesis.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

steer

Postby steer » December 2nd, 2008, 10:43 pm

can someone please explain to me why it's so bad? huh? can you? hey, don't walk away from me! i asked you a question! oh, you have to go to the bathroom? never mind, i'll wait.

I have said my beefs before - here they are :

1. Camera zoomed in too far - makes memorization a greater factor than reaction

2. Very generic enemies, most of who have very generic patterns

3. OK, so the graphics are pretty, but for example in the swamp levels, the generic level design is hard to tell- cant see where exactly the edges of the ledges (that ryhms) are, so you get cheap deaths

4.Levels are geneic - generic themes (swamp lava, blah blah), not very memorable - the Subspace Emissary of its day - platformers with more creative levels stick in your mind - Mario3 , Mario2 Mario Galxay DK Jungle Beat - this not so much

5. I dont like the playable charachters, but that is pretty weak of me.

6 Boss battle's blah.

Just my opinons, but that is my opinion - a very overrated game on a very overrated console, that has somehow become the pinnacle of gaming - not sure when, but it happened!

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » December 3rd, 2008, 6:57 pm

I'd LIKE to help, but your argument makes no sense. Mario 1,2 3 and lost levels are available on SNES. Zelda, Metroid, and many other classics are too. Classic games are few, but just on Ms. Pac Man and Mr. DO! alone SNES is worth it. AND if you plug in a Super Gameboy you have tons of classic games!

That said, back to the wall, I personaly choose the NES because I prefer classic arcade gaming to RPGs/ original titles.

But Then, in that area, Colecovision beats both!

Asking "What is the best system" is like asking "What is the best SANDWHICH?" ... some of us prefer Peanut butter and can't stand tuna, others love ham and wouldn't touch turkey!

It all depends on personal TASTES. There IS NO best system. I switch around "favorite" systems depending on what I want to play. With over two dozen classic systems out there, we all can afford to own a few favorites! Play what you like!

NixonTech2071

Postby NixonTech2071 » December 3rd, 2008, 7:09 pm

Sorry for the lack of action...

But I choose both basicly.

NES- Select amount of games are actually better than their arcade precursors. Most notably contra, more emphasis on longevity. Metal Gear doesnt seem as bad as everybody states it. Zelda was one of the most innovative games ot grace the NES. Plus when it came to third party controllers, even its successor cant live up to the periphreal's on the NES. The only problem is that the first model malfunctions at random.

SNES- Without a doubt, the SNES amost beats any other systm out there, with superb ports of arcade games awsome platformers and heck even DooM has been introduced to the SNES (amazing despite the major problems) Not to mention the fact that mortal kombat 2 and 3 are just perfection I terms of gameplay. Fighters are pretty dang heavy and kept growing, Secrets of Mana set a new standard for RPG's.

As I said, I choose both.

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » January 26th, 2009, 4:26 pm

SNES, because NES couldn't play its games half the time and SNES had Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario Kart

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » February 4th, 2009, 7:19 pm

Hmmm... What would I, NESFAN, choose. Now that i got my corny, cheeky, sarcasm out of the way, I would have to say nes. It's got super mario bros 3 (best game ever!) It's got the original legend of zelda. dr mario and tetris make fun puzzlers. Its got Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. It's got some great ports of arcade games like galaga, pacman, and donkey kong. Truly the greatest system ever.

Return to “Classic Gaming”