Any Wii reccomendations?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Michael D

Any Wii reccomendations?

Postby Michael D » December 16th, 2008, 11:45 pm

You could probably find Wario Land: Shake It for $30?  Considering how much Nintendo shunned it (and how it didn't sell partially because of that), I'd bet you could definately find it for cheap.

Also, Ghost Squad is indeed a Sega light gun shooter, and although it isn't nearly as good as House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, it's pretty cheap now and is probably worth a look, especially if you're burned out on HOTD.

I'd personally recommend Rayman Raving Rabbids and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.  Despite being mini-game collections, the mini-games are quite fun (especially with Wario Ware) and they're both certainly better than Wii Play.

Also, if music games are you're thing, I'd suggest Samba De Amigo, the Wii version of the great Dreamcast game which has had its price slashed dramatically.  It also doesn't require any more peripherials if you're not in the market for that kind of thing (but if you are, Rock Band 2 just came out and unlike last time, you and the millions of other Wii owners are not getting shafted).

MANKIND

Any Wii reccomendations?

Postby MANKIND » December 17th, 2008, 8:18 am

Super Smash Bros is the best wii game ever for the moment.
Mortal Kombat Armageddon is a very good port of the ps2/xbox version.

steer

Any Wii reccomendations?

Postby steer » December 17th, 2008, 8:43 am

Considering how much Nintendo shunned it (and how it didn't sell partially because of that), I'd bet you could definately find it for cheap.

I always like comments like these, becuase they make zero sense. Yeah, they wanted Wario to fail...? I dont know how much they spent on promoting it, but they probably based whatever they did on genre and past performance, and figured those who would likely be customers of this game would know about it for months pror to launch.

This is right up there with the Nintendo shuns Metroid/Disaster/etc, making their own games 'fail'....?

One thing about these topics, some games 'fail' (i.e. they aint on the top 20 best selling games for '08) becuase of genere, and getting drowned out by more hyped and more expensive games. It aint cause of 'casuals', either, lots of 'hardcorp' gamers here own wii's, so where dey at? Look at Valkrie on the PS3, too, there are only so many ppl out there to buy some games...but the  'casual' PS3 owners were to busy buying bluray movies I guess.....

Sony 'shuns' games in favor of cinema?

Michael D

Any Wii reccomendations?

Postby Michael D » December 17th, 2008, 3:11 pm

Considering how much I've been saying this over the past few months, I should probably explain myself a little better. I'm not saying that Nintendo necessarily wanted Wario Land: Shake It to fail, but I am upset that they hardly promoted the game, and this is indeed the truth. 

To put that claim into proper perspective, think of it this way; what Wii games did Nintendo talk about at E3?  Animal Crossing and Wii Music.  They had announced this game beforehand, but I'll submit to you that many didn't even know about it.  In fact, I'll admit that even I wouldn't have known of its existence if I didn't follow this industry as closely as I do.

When you consider how few first party Wii games they had for the rest of the year, why not talk about one more?  Do they not think that their casual fanbase would like 2D games like Wario Land?  They did a similar thing with the DS this year, too, by making Pokemon Ranger 2 the highlight of their line-up, while not discussing other potentially marketable titles like Kirby Super Star Ultra (which seems to be selling relatively well considering).

And by the way, this isn't the same thing as Metroid Prime 3, which Nintendo did talk about and promote quite a bit, but when it came out, it didn't sell as well as they expected.

Return to “Modern Gaming”