Problems Tuning Intellivision

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
megoninja1

Postby megoninja1 » January 19th, 2009, 5:53 am

Hey guys,

At the moment I am having trouble getting my intellivision to display crystal clear picutre, I try and tune it but the image always comes up all fuzzy, just like what things look like when they are slightly mistuned.
I have tried tuning it on different channels but with the same results, I even tried it on my TV that has electronic automatic tuning and that still does it. I think it might have some thing to do with the CH0 CH1 button on the button of the console.
Can any one help?
thanks

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 19th, 2009, 2:01 pm

First of all, trying to get a "crystal clear picture" out of an old console with an RF cable is pretty much impossible.  Are your expectations reasonable?  Do you have any other old consoles (Atari 2600, Colecovision) to compare the quality to?

megoninja1

Postby megoninja1 » January 19th, 2009, 7:32 pm

yes, on the same TV I play master system, NES, atari 2600 and C64 all of which are very good quality, the INTV looks like it has sort of weird like there are waves going across the screen, like I said, how things look when there not tuned properly, the colors arent very good either, like it is almost going black and white.

As for using RF cables, I usually get a pretty good picture out of them, normally almost as good as AV, I wouldn't use it so often otherwise.

Guy

Postby Guy » January 19th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Try cleaning all of your cartridges and then try a new cable. You may also try a new RF adaptor.

Guy

Postby Guy » January 20th, 2009, 12:06 am

I think you where having a problem with your intellivision3 that you bought. Are you having problems with the same system? Did you replace the parts?

Guy

megoninja1

Postby megoninja1 » January 20th, 2009, 7:30 am

I have tried using the RF box and cable from my sega master system and had the exact same results. I was actually going to try cleaning all of the cartridges because the manual says that crappy picture is probably because the cartridge is not in properly.
I will give that a go but I am thinking the same as you guys, maybe the old switch box is getting too old, but I don't see why it would run my master system still.

Maybe the INTV needs cleaning inside or some thing.

Guy

Postby Guy » January 20th, 2009, 2:09 pm

Is this the same sytem that needed a power cord?

megoninja1

Postby megoninja1 » January 20th, 2009, 6:42 pm

yes, it is the same system that needed a power cord, that was easy to fix, I just plugged a playstation cord into into and it powers up fine.

Guy

Postby Guy » January 20th, 2009, 8:09 pm

I would try the new Rf apaptor. It is only $4.

Return to “Classic Gaming”