Dead Space Announced for Wii!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
feilong801

Postby feilong801 » February 3rd, 2009, 8:09 pm

Well well well. It looks like my repeated prediction of 2009 and onward seeing a large uptick of quality Wii titles is coming true. EA is making Dead Space for Wii- it's up in the air if it is a port or if it is a new iteration, we'll have to see.

The new Tenchu game is getting strong reviews, and there is a Boom Blox sequel on the way. Plus we already know about House of the Dead and The Conduit.

Yeah, pretty soon the "no good games on Wii" argument is going to die a much deserved death.

-Rob

steer

Postby steer » February 3rd, 2009, 9:45 pm

Yeah, pretty soon the "no good games on Wii" argument is going to die a much deserved death.

AUGGGHH! No offense Rob, but now you are falling into the E.T. pit of console library perception doom! (Check the thread on general) We don't need EA to 'save' the Wii! If I wanted this game I would but an XBOX!

I think the govt need to set up a gamer reservation for me...

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 3rd, 2009, 10:51 pm

In Rob's defense, Steer, he wasn't implying that EA is going to save the Wii but rather be yet another company offering genuine support. Games like these aren't bad because they offer a wider palette of games for people to enjoy. While I love my Wii Sports, Williams Pinball, Mario, etc., there are gamers out there that love these types of games and if Nintendo can attract them then why not?

steer

Postby steer » February 4th, 2009, 8:30 am

I know, I am not knocking Rob, it was all in fun.  I am just 'honour bound' to be the 'olde guarde' on this subject. I have a list of 'types' I dont want on the wii bandwagon.

Pretty mature, eh?

More interesting to me,  EA said they had origional projects slated for wii, and they are very interested in motion plus.

I hope they are in the vein of Boomblox - inspired by the Wii, built from the ground up for Wii. I personally do not get too excited about ports, wimakes, EA, Nintendo or otherwise.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » February 4th, 2009, 4:42 pm

[QUOTE=feilong80]

-Rob

[/QUOTE]

Nope, not gonna happen.   

...back to playing Battalion Wars 2

Roperious1

Postby Roperious1 » February 4th, 2009, 7:55 pm

I can't wait to poop all over this game once it comes out. I really enjoyed dead space, got the platinum trophy and everything! However, I'll be honest, I MAY rent this for my Wii, but I doubt that i'll want to step down to this version, unless EA does something uberfantastical with the IR control (doubtful)

JasonhasRSI1

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » February 7th, 2009, 10:22 am

How do you know the Dead Space port is going to be any good?

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » February 8th, 2009, 8:29 pm

How do you know anything is going to be any good? How do you know your system isn't just going to explode and maim you and cause third degree burns?

Sarcasm aside, this is a major franchise in which its next iteration is being made for Wii. That's big news. It's a sign of support, something that people have been whining for forever.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 8th, 2009, 8:55 pm

How do you know it won't be GREAT? Look at Shaun White. I played both the 360 and Wii versions and, guess what, the Wii version blows the 360 version out of the water! When developers put real effort in, the Wii version can stand toe-to-toe with the more technologically-superior versions. I think it could be promising. I have a "wait-and-see" attitude in regards to this.

steer

Postby steer » February 9th, 2009, 6:25 pm

! When developers put real effort in, the Wii version can stand toe-to-toe with the more technologically-superior versions.

It depends on what technology you are referring to as well, though,  doesn't it? Interesting that the Wii is operating out of percieved overall weakness, when as far as game control goes, Wii is the only system that took a leap foward. 360 treaded water, PS3 stumbles, and then decided to tread water.

Also, in terms of software, EAD has reached a new level of maturity and sophisitication, I submit Wii FIt as proof of this. There is nothing wrong with 'expanding' games off of a last gen blueprint, as many Wii/360/PS3 franchises are doing now. But more impressive, in my opinion, is building a game like Wii Fit with very little for a blueprint, introducing it with a unique controller, ad populating it with arcade game ideas and productive, real world exercise opurtunities.

And then have it become an unqualified success, by far the most sought after game this holiday season, with no slack in demand in the post holiday hangover.

Abother point, I find that a lot of the VC can 'blow out of water' many 'technology-superior' versions.

One of the side effects of the VC has given me many years worth of games side by side, and all with crystal clear display to my TV in E-Def. This has affected and clarified my attitude about graphics. NES titles hold the most visual appeal to me now. Simple is sometimes better, or at the very least, does not deserve to be thought inherently inferior.

Long story short, Wii is not 'handicapped' by its percieve power 'deficiencies'.

It would be impossible to argue devs have not been able to produce compelling software on the Wii hardware, and being the market leader, it would be impossible to argue the market is demanding more than the Wii has to offer.  

So do the PS3/360 REALLY enjoy 'technological superiority', if it is of little benefit to them in the overall market, as their 'advantage' has no influence on their competior's business?

How many Model T's could Ford sell in todays market? See my point?

Return to “Modern Gaming”