Resident Evil 5 demo

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BanjoPickles1

Resident Evil 5 demo

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 3rd, 2009, 4:39 pm

Okay, I'm not hearing great things. I'm planning on downloading the demo this afternoon but everywhere I'm reading, it's a disappointment. What's say you guys? I'm sure some of you have downloaded the demo. How does what you've played stack up to RE4? I know it's a tad bit of an unfair comparison, since we don't have the entire game, but I'd still like some impressions.

ActRaiser1

Resident Evil 5 demo

Postby ActRaiser1 » February 4th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Kind of like RE4, I died quickly.  The co-op is actually pretty slick and your AI doesn't seem like a complete tool when playing by yourself.  The options to quick swap weapons and ammo works really well.  Unfortunately, I stunk at the game and didn't make it all the way through either level but could see how it grows on you and would be a good game.  As a demo, it's not bad at all.

BanjoPickles1

Resident Evil 5 demo

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 5th, 2009, 3:34 pm

I agree, Act.

However, I think the game overall lacks the amazing oomph of Resident Evil 4. The controls are a bit cumbersome. The daylight setting sort of takes away any sort of scary atmosphere. The only part of the game that seemed intense to me was trying to avoid the huge guy with the axe.

Return to “Modern Gaming”