Wow, not too bad at all.......

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 7th, 2009, 2:42 am

Tenchu for the Wii is supposed to be really good and I'm somewhat curious, being a fan of the first one for the ps1. Besides that, both House of the Dead Overkill and Deadly Creatures are supposed to be pretty damn good as well! Along with those three, Madworld is coming out in March, Little King's Story in May(I'm really excited about that one), the Conduit....eventually. I think 2009 is the year where third-parties begin taking the system very seriously, in droves. I just hope that people actually support this so it can become a trend. So far, the Wii in 2009 seems to be defined by third-party support, which is a great thing to me! As much as I love Nintendo, I would love to see third-party developers release games that are on-par and I think it may happen.

Then again, I'm most excited for Punch Out(finally!!!). I'm mainly excited about Wii Sports: Resort for the motionplus alone. The only game among the three shown in the game that has even come close to intriguing me is the dog frisbee game.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » February 9th, 2009, 10:34 pm

Here's my take on the games you mention:

Wii Sports Resort - My most anticipated game of the year. May very well be the first ever game I pre-order.

Punch-Out!! - Probably my second most anticipated game. If Nintendo finds a way to screw this up, I will be pretty depressed.

House of the Dead Overkill - Have been really excited about this game, but as I stated in another thread, I now have kind of a bad feeling. Hopefully in their attempt to make the game "hardcore", they remembered to make it fun.

Deadly Creatures - Doesn't look spectacular, but definitely looks fun. Might pick this game up this week.

Madworld - Hasn't really been one of my more anticipated games. My gut feeling is "style over substance". It will probably get high review scores, but I wonder how fun it will actually be.

The Conduit - I like the occasional first-person shooter, and I love FPS controls on the Wii, so I will probably get this game.

Little King's Story - I would have absolutely loved this kind of game when I was younger, but now I don't think it will be able to hold my attention for a long period of time. May rent it.

So really, I'm still most excited by the Nintendo games, but I do think there is a lot of solid stuff coming down the third party pipeline. Definitely looks like there will be plenty more stuff to satiate the "hardcore" this year than last.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » February 10th, 2009, 6:53 am

I can't wait for Wii sport resorts and Punch Out!! Madworld looks great, brutal, stylish...Reminds me of Frank Miller...I'll definitely get this one!!

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » February 10th, 2009, 9:10 pm

What's motion plus?

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » February 10th, 2009, 10:26 pm

[QUOTE=snakeboy]Deadly Creatures - Doesn't look spectacular, but definitely looks fun. Might pick this game up this week.
[/QUOTE]

I think I'm definitely getting Deadly Creatures. In Gamespot's review the only two things listed under "The Bad" are "Not enough story" and "Too few boss encounters". Heck, in my book those are pretty much good things! Looks pretty unique and fun.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » February 20th, 2009, 10:40 pm

[QUOTE=snakeboy]
Deadly Creatures - Doesn't look spectacular, but definitely looks fun. Might pick this game up this week.

[/QUOTE]

I've been playing Deadly Creatures every night, and I'm starting to like it a lot. If you are even a little interested, I would say to at least rent it. It really grows on you after a while. If I feel up to it later, maybe I will post some impressions.

[QUOTE=snakeboy]

Madworld - Hasn't really been one of my more anticipated games. My gut feeling is "style over substance". It will probably get high review scores, but I wonder how fun it will actually be.

[/QUOTE]

I just recently watched some gameplay footage of Madworld and am now officially intrigued. If the game is as fun as it is visually stunning, it could be something special.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 21st, 2009, 2:17 am

You know what Madworld looks like, to me? A beat-em-up FINALLY done right in 3D! It looks fun and fast, the only two things I need from that genre. I think the style is there, but I also think the developers are going to bring something great to the table. Hell, they have the development muscle behind it to back it up. I just put $20 down on it today so I'm eagerly waiting for the 10th of March to roll around!

Return to “Modern Gaming”