Dead Space Announced for Wii!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 10th, 2009, 8:26 am

I definately don't perceive the Wii as being weak, but the attitudes of the majority look to graphics as technology. Technology is nothing without games, and something like Shaun White exemplifies that. The graphics may not be as polished, but the game is so much better because it's simply fun. That's the greatest technology of all(I know it sounds corny): fun.

Roperious1

Postby Roperious1 » February 11th, 2009, 5:00 am

I hear ya on the Shaun White thing, but that was a snow boarding game. Something that you could easily utilize the Wii balance board for. Dead Space might be another waggle-fest methinks.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 11th, 2009, 11:30 am

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I almost have to give EA their due, though. They aren't crapping games out on the Wii. They realize that the Wii is a viable force in the marketplace and they seem to be putting genuine effort into their games. The Wii-controls did wonders, in my opinion, for both Madden 09 and Tiger Woods 09. With the proper amount of time and energy, a game on the Wii can be every bit as good as games on any other system. I think EA knows this, as do many other companies that are starting to give the Wii some attention.

Roperious1

Postby Roperious1 » February 11th, 2009, 7:41 pm

I agree, that given the proper attention the Wii can have stellar titles. EA is indeed paying attention to the Wii, based on the fact that it has outsold everything else on the market by such a wide margin!

TheBawwRadar.

Postby TheBawwRadar. » February 11th, 2009, 7:45 pm

[QUOTE=BanjoPickles]

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I almost have to give EA their due, though. They aren't crapping games out on the Wii. They realize that the Wii is a viable force in the marketplace and they seem to be putting genuine effort into their games. The Wii-controls did wonders, in my opinion, for both Madden 09 and Tiger Woods 09. With the proper amount of time and energy, a game on the Wii can be every bit as good as games on any other system. I think EA knows this, as do many other companies that are starting to give the Wii some attention.

[/QUOTE]

Banjopickles: The wii is the best console!

Banjopickles: The wii is the worst console.

So yeah this is gonna be some major project....

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 12th, 2009, 6:24 am

Huh? I don't recall ever saying either of those things, BawwRadar. I have never once said that the Wii is the best, nor the worst, console. I can tell you that I prefer my Wii to the 360(though I love that system as well). Now you have me confused.

I've been critical of certain aspects of the Wii because I'm not blinded to any system's flaws. Lately, though, the system has been impressing me and I've sort of become a bit bored with the massive epics on the 360. Actually, I just traded in Fable 2 to get House of the Dead: Overkill. That, to me, speaks volumes of where I'm at right now.;-)

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » February 12th, 2009, 8:22 am

Or like Dead Rising it could be another port than the console simply isn't up to.  And unlike Shaun White's Dead Space was a great game in the first place.

And all I've seen review wise for the new Tenchu are really bad ones.

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 12th, 2009, 11:51 am

I'm not sure where you've been reading, Blue, but I haven't seen any really bad ones. I've seen one bad one, one mediocre one, a coupe of good ones, and a great one:

IGN: 8/10
NINTENDO POWER: 7/10
GAME PLAYER: 9/10
EDGE: 6/10
XPLAY: 2/5(The only bad score I've seen)

While Tenchu isn't a genre-defining game, it serves it's purpose as a comeback for a B-level franchise. Tenchu was always a series that was never great, but was really fun and had great potential.

I think the "greatness" of Shaun White would depend on who you asked. Personally, I think it's a great game because it's a hell of alot of fun and that's all a game needs to be great, in my opinion. The point I was trying to make about Shaun White is, even though the 360 and PS3 versions may LOOK better, the Wii version wins in the end which goes to show you that it's very possible with any game. Dead Space on Wii will be a very different experience, but it doesn't have to suck if the developers spend enough time on it.

Dead Rising doesn't really interest me, though, because it seems to me that very minimal effort is going in. Granted, there's no way that the Wii can handle the 360 version but does it have to be THAT ugly? It's a rental, out of sheer curiosity.

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » February 12th, 2009, 10:35 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]Or like Dead Rising it could be another port than the console simply isn't up to.[/QUOTE]

Since you can definitively say that the Wii version is no good, I suppose that you have played it? Oh, right, the game isn't even out yet.

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]And unlike Shaun White's Dead Space was a great game in the first place.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe on the 360 Shaun White was no good, but on the Wii it is terrific. I guess it's an example of a game the 360 just simply isn't up to.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » February 15th, 2009, 4:13 pm

Edge and Games TM also gave it not so great reviews.

Snakeboy you don't always need to play a game if you have seen, watched and read enough about it.  The fact is the game is a mess, like it or not it's the most blatant rip off cash in since the Zelda games on the CDI.

Return to “Modern Gaming”