Dead Space Announced for Wii!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 15th, 2009, 10:41 pm

Yeah, but in all fairness, Edge and Games TM seem to only concern themselves with the cutting edge(at least that's my perception). Besides, two mediocre-to-bad reviews hardly makes for a bad game.

I do agree with you, though, that sometimes all you need to do is see a game to know it's going to be a disaster. I've changed my stance a bit on Dead Rising(I keep going back-and-forth). I think it could be pretty good, since Capcom usually handles such cases with extreme care(they don't typically put out rushed garbage). However, if I wanted the game I would still buy it for the 360 unless they did something for the Wii version to really make it stand out.

Roperious1

Postby Roperious1 » February 18th, 2009, 1:47 pm

Trailer is out, the game will be a first person, on rails shooter. Not what I had in mind at all

BanjoPickles1

Postby BanjoPickles1 » February 18th, 2009, 1:57 pm

So, Dead Space for Wii is going to be a lightgun shooter? Awesome!

I, for one, love lightgun shooters and am glad to see EA taking this direction. The trailer looks pretty sweet so this could be interesting.

I know some of you are going to say that it'll look horrible because of it's lack of high definition but what's more important, the look of a game or the fun? I can tell you that after playing House of the Dead Overkill, this type of game works very well for the system. I'm just glad that EA is doing something different than simply porting over a watered-down version of a pre-existing game.

steer

Postby steer » February 18th, 2009, 8:54 pm

Still though - ANOTHER light gun shooter????

Good try EA, at least you have boomblox to your credit.

Roperious1

Postby Roperious1 » February 18th, 2009, 11:09 pm

As someone who loves the light gun genre (Virtua Cop 1+2 ftw), I can't complain when a new one comes along, however, with dead space I was hoping for a little more!

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » February 18th, 2009, 11:53 pm

[QUOTE=Roperious]As someone who loves the light gun genre (Virtua Cop 1+2 ftw), I can't complain when a new one comes along, however, with dead space I was hoping for a little more![/QUOTE]

You know, I pretty much feel the same way. To me it just seems like they wanted to do something for the Wii, but didn't want to put a great deal of effort into it.

With that said though, if this turns out to be a top-notch light gun game, I will be pretty darn ecstatic.

Return to “Modern Gaming”