The standard six button is a D-...

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
TheBawwRadar

Postby TheBawwRadar » January 22nd, 2009, 12:21 am

It's straying towards an D- in my opinion...

To the first issue, the D-Pad is garbage. It's too wobbly and has a tilted feel to it, causing me to confuse diagonals with straight presses.

The second, moronically, the mode switch is not activation-indicated. SO how am I supposed to play most complex titles without knowing I'm on a preferred control setting?

Now to the third, you though the Saturn pad was mediocre? in any way? are you serious? I had to take my right hand completely off of the button section to press start without destroying my hand. The Saturn pad was thicker, and bigger yet I never dealt with it as badly. Your in as much disbelief as I am because this controller is too small to be such a huge problem...

OK, random rant is random...

Bruce

Postby Bruce » January 22nd, 2009, 5:20 pm

Um, which six-button controller are you talking about?  Genesis?

hi there

Postby hi there » January 22nd, 2009, 8:43 pm

Yes, he's comparing it to the similar Saturn pad. And I agree, Sega products are always overhyped, especially on this forum.

QF

Postby QF » January 22nd, 2009, 9:13 pm

To each his own

but those two are two of the most celebrated controllers in videogame history

Kim

Postby Kim » January 24th, 2009, 5:54 am

I simply cannot agree that the d-pad is garbage, especially on a console such as genesis.

TheBawwRadar

Postby TheBawwRadar » January 25th, 2009, 12:07 am

[QUOTE=Kim]

I simply cannot agree that the d-pad is garbage, especially on a console such as genesis.

[/QUOTE]

Im talking about the first edition six button. It's Dpad feels cheap compared to a three button.

JNH

Postby JNH » February 21st, 2009, 2:30 pm

The mode switch exists for one sole purpose:

Several early Genesis titles will not work with a 6-button controller. Holding the MODE button when you boot up the Genesis will change the 6 button into a 3 button and allow games like Golden Axe to work with a 6 button. That's all its for.

Martin

Postby Martin » March 7th, 2009, 11:28 pm

The six button Genesis controller is one of the best controllers out there, if ony new controllers were as simple.

Return to “Classic Gaming”