PS3 is a sinking ship: Sales plummet

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Luke

Postby Luke » February 20th, 2009, 11:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYuyJ4L7aE

At this point, I'm convinced that the 360 is a very low-quality machine. Of course they have the technical ability to play great games. But who's to say how long the system will actually last in the long run? With a high failure rate already, what do you really think the chances are that most 360's will still be able to actually function correctly in 10 years time? Seriously, think about it.

a1

Postby a1 » February 22nd, 2009, 4:07 am

[QUOTE=Luke]Well the manual says not to move the system while it's running (and it seems like common sense to me) so if people are scratching their disks in that way it's their own fault. [/QUOTE]Right. But accidents happen. And neither the PS2 or PS3 wrecks the games discs when moving the system. It's been tested.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I'm on my second PS2 because my first one broke through no fault of my own, so let's not try to say that Sony builds flawless systems.

Roperious1

Postby Roperious1 » February 22nd, 2009, 6:10 pm

I don't think we can say anyone builds a flawless console. I think a reasonable statement would read something like:

"The Xbox 360 is significantly more likely to experience hardware abnormalities/failures than the Playstation 3"

Luke

Postby Luke » February 23rd, 2009, 2:59 am

[QUOTE=Roperious]I don't think we can say anyone builds a flawless console. I think a reasonable statement would read something like:

"The Xbox 360 is significantly more likely to experience hardware abnormalities/failures than the Playstation 3"[/QUOTE]Exactly. But like I was saying.. I'm more concerned with the system in the long term. I mean, I've talked to a lot of people in game stores about this and many of them say that they're on their 3rd or 4th 360, or know somebody that just had theirs go out on them. This is all talk, of course. But after hearing it for like the 12th time you start to realize that this problem is actually quite serious. And with the exception of the controller port going out on my Dreamcast in the middle of a game once, I've never lost a console before and had to send it in or buy a new one. So I'm finding that concept pretty tough to grasp

Return to “Modern Gaming”