Flower

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Nifty_Shark

Flower

Postby Nifty_Shark » February 21st, 2009, 3:35 am

I was curious to see what other gamers think of Flower the download game on PS3. So far it's my favorite game of the year. Every minute was a fantastic experience even if it was a little on the short side. The controls were done right and I would never want to use a joystick instead. Well I was simply blown away by a game I was afraid might have turned out to be more of a tech demo but indeed is a real game with a nice little narrative too.

ActRaiser1

Flower

Postby ActRaiser1 » February 26th, 2009, 8:34 pm

What do you actually do in this game?  

Nifty_Shark

Flower

Postby Nifty_Shark » February 27th, 2009, 3:19 pm

Well it's rather simple. You control the wind and pick up petals as you go which give off a melody as you run into them. You move by holding any button and aim using Sixaxis. there are always certain colors of flowers which open up more areas in each level so you can progress. each level has something going for it that makes it different from the rest (last level is simply amazing) and moves the narrative forward. there are also subtle touches like being able to paint the grass with your petals (level 2 I believe) and also some secret flowers which give you trophies if you are into that. There is no way to die in the game though it's possible to lose your petals in a later level which is enough incentive you watch out. It should be noted that it's a short game that can be finished in one sitting but for me it was worth it. I look at it as a monumental game.

Return to “Modern Gaming”