Classic Game Room Gets RROD

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Luke

Postby Luke » March 6th, 2009, 4:10 pm

Another one bites the dust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEBkL4D9skI&feature=channel_page

This really is getting beyond ridiculous now. I've been talking to a lot of people about this recently because I'm still on the fence about which system I'm going to buy next, and I frequently hear from many people that they or someone they know are currently on their 3rd or 4th 360 now, and I just find that so incredibly shocking. Mainly because.. like this reviewer here illustrates, all the old systems he owns that are now 10 to 20+ years old (same ones that I also own).. those all still work fine.

So I think this poses a good question: Even if your Xbox 360 (new or old) hasn't given you any trouble yet, what do you think the odds are that it'll still function properly in the long term, like in 10 years? Sure, the warranty has been expanded for five years now (or whatever). But what about after that?

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » March 6th, 2009, 4:43 pm

Thanks for sharing that video with us, that was fun. You're right, there's a five years warranty, but even if they fix or replace the thing, what happens to your actual hard disk? I hope it doesnt get damaged, cause if it does, then I'm not sure they could retrieve your saved progress, all this time you invested...

Return to “Modern Gaming”