5/5/2006: Nintendo DS: Metroid Prime Hunters, Tetris DS

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Chris Marsh

Postby Chris Marsh » May 7th, 2006, 2:00 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]Oh brother, here we go with the FANBOY junk again.

For the last time: almost everyone on here owns multiple systems and is NOT a fanboy (or girl as the case may be). A fanboy would say something like "Nintendo is the only good company!" or "Sony rules and everyone else sux!" I don't see those comments anywhere. Just because we like a game SYSTEM that happens to be made by company X does not mean we are loyal butt-kissers to company X!!!

Again; I have a SANYO TV set. So am I a SANYO fanboy? I think not, I bought it cause it had a good picture and was the cheapest 31 inch stereo set there. Sitting beside it are a EMERSON DVD player and RCA VCR! AND a SNES, Genesis, and PSX! We are all VIDEO GAME FANS....boys![/QUOTE]

I said I was not a Nintendo fanboy and they just don't listen. I am not a total Nintendo lover. I love my Sega Genesis way more than my SNES. I like the Genesis because it has better games. The same thing goes with the DS. I have to agree with Alienblue on this subject. Boston, I have actually played both versions of Pocket Madden and know how they play. I only play Tetris and Columns for puzzle games as well.

Boston

Postby Boston » May 7th, 2006, 6:43 pm

Why not get back to the original purpose of this Forum. You guys seem pretty fired up that both of these games should deserve better grades; why not direct your energy to the Critic! He pretty much lambasted Metroid Hunters but I don't see anybody going after him.

Boston

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 7th, 2006, 7:44 pm

[QUOTE=Boston]

Why not get back to the original purpose of this Forum. You guys seem pretty fired up that both of these games should deserve better grades; why not direct your energy to the Critic! He pretty much lambasted Metroid Hunters but I don't see anybody going after him.

Boston

[/QUOTE]

Lambasted?  That's total BS.  I liked the game just fine and I gave it a perfectly average score (C). Please don't mischaracterize my review.  When I "lambaste" a game in a review, you'll know it, and it won't get a C, that's for sure.

Boston

Postby Boston » May 7th, 2006, 7:48 pm

Nonetheless the game is average. Maybe you didn't "lambaste" the game but clearly you didn't put it on the same pedestal as every other reviewer did. The game is average and honestly isn't worth the cash since there are so many better FPS's out there.

Boston

Leo Ames

Postby Leo Ames » May 7th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Well you guys are bound and determined to continue this Nintendo vs PSP hate, there's a reason several post have not been approved or been edited slightly.

Somehow I doubt the Critic wants a stupid rehashed fight taking up webspace here that could be put toward worthwhile discussion. So as long as people are insulting others or putting obvious flame bait into a discussion, you can count on things being handled like I said above unless told otherwise. I won't go against what the other moderators have already approved today, but until told otherwise I feel like I'm interpreting the task put forth to me the best I can.

So I'm likely not to allow stuff like this when I see it: "Anyway, I'll let you Fanboys rant. As far as not knowing what I am talking about? Think what you will. I don't care. I make a ton of money and have a really good life and here I am on this site coming down to the lowest denominator: Nintendo Fanboys! " That goes for both sides of the issue, behave yourselfs and act like the adults you are when you post. This isn't Gamefaqs.

voorhiessa

Postby voorhiessa » May 8th, 2006, 11:55 am

Personally, as soon as I can figure out how to make my SNES portable, I'm going that route.

a1

Postby a1 » June 13th, 2006, 4:35 am

[QUOTE=hi there]

And just to let you all know, the DS and PSP were never made to compete against each other...

The DS was not made for tradiontal games, (thats basically the cause of the medcore games in the DS libary) But the PSP is.

Now stop these pointless disscussions.

[/QUOTE] Your statement is completely ridiculous. Nintendo is a business, and while they may say that they are no longer competing with other companies (as their new direction with the Wii and Ds seems to be), they are still undoubtedly comparing sales numbers of the DS and the PSP. Sony, meanwhile, is doing the same thing. Different types of games or not, the DS and the PSP compete as the only two portable systems in the market. Not counting NGage; Ngage doesn't count for anything.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 13th, 2006, 7:20 am

N-Gage is a phone first and a games console second.  Can you make telephone calls with the DS or PSP?  N-Gage was a pretty useful experiment for Nokia and the future of N-Gage technology is pretty strong looking.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 13th, 2006, 8:10 am

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

N-Gage is a phone first and a games console second.  Can you make telephone calls with the DS or PSP?  N-Gage was a pretty useful experiment for Nokia and the future of N-Gage technology is pretty strong looking.

[/QUOTE]
Alright, from here on in I agree with everything Bluemonkey says, ever, about anything.    It's nice to see that someone else realizes that the N-Gage has been a very useful experiment by Nokia.

a1

Postby a1 » June 15th, 2006, 3:50 am

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

[/QUOTE]

No, N-Gage is a game console first, and a phone second, because anyone who actually uses their phone to call people isn't wasting the battery by playing Sonic.

Return to “Review Feedback”