Worst time of the year for gaming?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 23rd, 2009, 2:03 pm

I don't know about you guys, but this is one time of the year when I find it hard to squeeze in video games.  There's yard work to do, outdoor activities (tennis), and vacations.  There are graduation parties and cookouts. 

In addition, the number of new titles released is very low.

Does anybody else share my belief that this is the worst time of the year for video games??

JustinFL

Postby JustinFL » May 23rd, 2009, 3:09 pm

Well down here in Florida during the summer it rains every afternoon or sometimes it gets too hot,even though I love the sun and heat.

So for me this is time that I play games the most

N64Dude1

Postby N64Dude1 » May 23rd, 2009, 5:23 pm

No way,school is towards the end and I'm getting less homework,this is if anything the best time and since I don't have any new consoles,it doesn't matter if Pikmin 3 has been delayed or not.

The worst time is toward the dead of Summer

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » May 23rd, 2009, 7:45 pm

I can see where you are coming from. Cold weather outside limits one's activities, and as avid as a gamer as I am I still like to reserve a tiny bit of time in the warmer months for other stuff.

Although, in Texas, it gets so miserably hot that it actually has the reverse effect: you don't want to instantly succumb to heatstroke, so you stay inside and do nothing!

To me, the autumn months are the best for gaming. But I only feel that way because many of my fondest memories of gaming come from that time (and my birthday is in the fall, so I tended to get new games in this time period as well).

-Rob

bigllama99

Postby bigllama99 » May 23rd, 2009, 8:17 pm

Yes, this is the worst time for gaming. I have 4 culminating projects due by June 10 or earlier, and 3 exams after that. All the spare time I do have left is spent watching playoff hockey. There just isn't enough time for gaming!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 23rd, 2009, 9:53 pm

[QUOTE=bigllama99]Yes, this is the worst time for gaming. I have 4 culminating projects due by June 10 or earlier, and 3 exams after that. All the spare time I do have left is spent watching playoff hockey. There just isn't enough time for gaming![/QUOTE]

Oh yeah - that's another thing.  There's a NBA and/or NHL playoff game on every night, and as a die-hard sports fan, I really can't resist watching every game.  I'm pulling for the Cavaliers and the Nuggets in the NBA playoffs.  I like Detroit in the NHL.

a1

Postby a1 » May 25th, 2009, 12:56 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic] I'm pulling for the Cavaliers and the Nuggets in the NBA playoffs. [/QUOTE]

Woohoo! Go Nuggets.

andrew

Postby andrew » May 25th, 2009, 5:29 pm

[QUOTE=a]

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic] I'm pulling for the Cavaliers and the Nuggets in the NBA playoffs. [/QUOTE]

Woohoo! Go Nuggets.

[/QUOTE]

Forget the Nuggets. They're owner didn't even have enough faith in them to get this far that he booked the arena to WWE tonight on the same night as game 4 in Denver. Yes the issue was resolved but still. Regardless, the Lakers are a superior basketball squadron and will win.

The real news is the Cavaliers incompetence. They could easily be down 0-3 if not for a miraculous 3 pointer at the buzzer by Lebron.

a1

Postby a1 » May 26th, 2009, 12:07 am

[QUOTE=andrew][QUOTE=a]

Woohoo! Go Nuggets.

[/QUOTE]

Forget the Nuggets. They're owner didn't even have enough faith in them to get this far that he booked the arena to WWE tonight on the same night as game 4 in Denver. Yes the issue was resolved but still. Regardless, the Lakers are a superior basketball squadron and will win.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah so they just won by 19 to tie the series at 2-2. Have you even been watching this series? The nuggets were right with the Lakers in both games they lost. They clearly have what it takes. I'm not saying they'll definitely win, but there is no reason to write them off like that.

andrew

Postby andrew » May 26th, 2009, 9:36 am

[QUOTE=a][QUOTE=andrew][QUOTE=a]

Woohoo! Go Nuggets.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah so they just won by 19 to tie the series at 2-2. Have you even been watching this series? The nuggets were right with the Lakers in both games they lost. They clearly have what it takes. I'm not saying they'll definitely win, but there is no reason to write them off like that.

[/QUOTE]

I hardly said they would get trampled upon given the Lakers lack of consistency, but there's no denying Lakers have a better team regardless if it takes them 7 games to sort things out like last series. If they lose, it will be an upset. I've been watching part of the series and am well aware of the skill the Nuggets possess. Any fan will state his preference with slight bias anyway. No need to get upset.

Return to “Video Games General”