All hail the Wii

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Omar1

All hail the Wii

Postby Omar1 » May 14th, 2006, 12:29 pm

[QUOTE=Zenzerotron] Hey, while I'm on the subject whatever happened to that altered beat game that was supposedly being made?  I saw sceens of it years ago.[/QUOTE]

It was released in Asia. A friend had it and really liked it. Lots of action and some exploration. I didnt play it mayself long enough to form an opinion, tough.

playgeneration

All hail the Wii

Postby playgeneration » May 14th, 2006, 1:01 pm

The new altered beast was released in europe too, ive played it for an hour. Its not very good at all, very dull combat and rubbish graphics. The whole greek mythology theme has been completely removed, and along with it all the charm of the original game.

sega saturn x

All hail the Wii

Postby sega saturn x » May 14th, 2006, 1:15 pm

[QUOTE=Omar]

[QUOTE=Zenzerotron] Hey, while I'm on the subject whatever happened to that altered beat game that was supposedly being made?  I saw sceens of it years ago.[/QUOTE]

It was released in Asia. A friend had it and really liked it. Lots of action and some exploration. I didnt play it mayself long enough to form an opinion, tough.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure how you quoted zen when I said that but anyway.  It's shame they didn't release it in the states at least one person would have bought it.  (me)

Boston

All hail the Wii

Postby Boston » May 14th, 2006, 7:25 pm

If I understand it correctly, in order to use the Wii controller you have to put a sensor on top of your television? That is kind of lame. Is it wireless?

Boston

sega saturn x

All hail the Wii

Postby sega saturn x » May 14th, 2006, 7:36 pm

[QUOTE=Boston]

If I understand it correctly, in order to use the Wii controller you have to put a sensor on top of your television? That is kind of lame. Is it wireless?

Boston

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's wireless, the sensor thing isn't much of a suprise I kind of figured it would have one.

Paul Campbell

All hail the Wii

Postby Paul Campbell » May 15th, 2006, 3:20 am

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

Anyways one point I would like to point out is that people keep going on about how this controller will encourage new people to play.  So I was explaining it to my parents (admittedly my Mum does play PC games, and my Dad used to play a lot of Soul Calibur, Mario Kart 64 and Sega Rally 2) and both of them were pretty turned off by the idea of the controller.  My girlfriend has a bit of trouble with the 3D sticks on modern home system controllers and is more at home with the d-pad, she was turned off by the controller.  I am wondering who all these non video game players are who are supposed to love this controller.

[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree that you are probably not having much luck with people getting excited about the controller because you aren't.  I am so relieved to have something new besides updated graphics and more buttons in the video game world.  Consequently, I have had the exact opposite reaction from people as you have had.  My wife, who likes video games but tends to be like me when it comes to new systems, namely, wait till they get older so the machine and the games are cheaper, already told me she wants us to get one as a present to each other for Christmas.  My brother in law, who is an owner of all three of the current generation of systems, said he only plans on buying the Wii so far because it is the only one showing any promise for a new gaming experience.  And that is only a fraction of the good feedback I have gotten.

Return to “Modern Gaming”