5/20/2006: Playstation 2: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Jak II, Urban Reign

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 21st, 2006, 11:01 am

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I made the corrections and added a note about how it was later re-rated AO.

John Rowland

Postby John Rowland » May 21st, 2006, 3:25 pm

At the heart of Jak II is a solid and worthwhile platformer.  I logged 10-15 hours into it and came close to the end (I think) before I got tired of it.  I doubt I will ever pick it up again though and I agree with Critic's complaints, mostly that some missions feel more like a chore.

Most of the mainstream critics tried to convince us that this was a revolutionary step forward, everything a sequel should be, blah blah blah.  The same critics also said that Jak III did for Jak II what Jak II did for Jak I.  Now I haven't played Jak III, so I'm wondering: Critic, will you pretty please go pick up Jak III and let me know if it's worth $20 to someone who almost feels the same way you do about Jak and Daxter and Jak II?

I would also like to add that I think that your reviews benefit from coming out a long while after the games are released as they are removed from the hype and have time perspective.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » May 21st, 2006, 8:41 pm

[QUOTE=John Rowland]

At the heart of Jak II is a solid and worthwhile platformer.  I logged 10-15 hours into it and came close to the end (I think) before I got tired of it.  I doubt I will ever pick it up again though and I agree with Critic's complaints, mostly that some missions feel more like a chore.

[/QUOTE]

I feel the EXACT same way but replace jak 2 with sly 2.  I got about ten hours into it but the damn thing would not end!  I got so sick of doing the same missions over and over I just stopped playing.  Jak 2 I only gave two hours after I started using guns and stealing cars I just didn't want to play anymore.

helper

Postby helper » May 23rd, 2006, 7:27 am

you could always shoot out the car window. it's not a new feature in san andreas. there are lots of other new features though.

Return to “Review Feedback”