How Sega Can Fix Sonic

General and high profile video game topics.
Patrick

How Sega Can Fix Sonic

Postby Patrick » March 2nd, 2009, 7:26 pm

[QUOTE]
I was reading the review for Black Knight in the latest NP - very favorable, they gave it an 8 - so I check the review archive and....

Unleashed got an 8 as well![/QUOTE]

I hope you realize that the Wii version is the best version of Sonic Unleashed. In the Wii version you don't have to do as much pointless crap unlike the 360 and PS3 version. Still, I do disagree with NP. It's more like a 6 out 10 game to me.

snakeboy1

How Sega Can Fix Sonic

Postby snakeboy1 » March 3rd, 2009, 10:38 pm

[QUOTE=steer]
I was reading the review for Black Knight in the latest NP - very favorable, they gave it an 8...
[/QUOTE]

IGN just reviewed the game and gave it a pretty crappy 3.9. They described it as slow, clunky and boring. Doesn't sound too promising...

Neil Cudney

How Sega Can Fix Sonic

Postby Neil Cudney » August 28th, 2009, 12:08 am

Is there seriously nobody here that is defending sonic? Believe it or not, but I actually like new sonic better than old sonic! I also like the so called "gimmicks". They add depth and variety to each game in the series, keeping one from being like the other. The only reason you guys hate new sonic is because you all grew up playing classic sonic, which makes you think that any sonic game that is not the same as them is a bad game.  Sonic and the Secret Rings was fun, Sonic Unleashed for Wii was great, the sonic rush games were awesome and even Sonic and the Black Knight kept me happy! It's like you guy's want sonic to be dead! Maybe fans since 1991 expecting the same old stuff won't like new Sonic, but new comers should be pleased. In fact, I plan on posting a review of the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed in the your reviews section of these message boards(even the so called "tedious" werehog stages were alot of fun)!

NAC1

How Sega Can Fix Sonic

Postby NAC1 » August 28th, 2009, 12:27 am

Is there seriously nobody here that is defending the sonic series? Believe it or not, but I actually like new sonic more than old sonic! I also like these so called "gimmicks" . The only reason that you guys hate new sonic is because you have all been fans of the originals since 1991, so that led you to believe that any sonic game that plays differently is automatically a bad game. It's like you guys want sonic to be dead. Sonic and the Secret Rings is fun, Sonic Unleashed is great, the Sonic Rush games were awesome, and even Sonic and the Black Knight entertained me!

CalusReyma

How Sega Can Fix Sonic

Postby CalusReyma » August 28th, 2009, 7:44 am

[QUOTE]Sonic and the Secret Rings is fun[/QUOTE]
If you're a masochist, maybe, but I found Secret Rings more frustrating than anything else.

To all you old-time Sonic fans out there, check out Sonic Robo Blast 2 for PC (Windows, Mac and Linux!). It's a Sonic fan game in the style of the classic Mega Drive (Genesis) Sonic games, but in 3D—the 3D Sonic game Sega doesn't want to give you, basically.

BuryMe1

How Sega Can Fix Sonic

Postby BuryMe1 » August 28th, 2009, 11:12 am

[QUOTE=Neil Cudney]Is there seriously nobody here that is defending sonic? Believe it or not, but I actually like new sonic better than old sonic! I also like the so called "gimmicks". They add depth and variety to each game in the series, keeping one from being like the other. The only reason you guys hate new sonic is because you all grew up playing classic sonic, which makes you think that any sonic game that is not the same as them is a bad game.  Sonic and the Secret Rings was fun, Sonic Unleashed for Wii was great, the sonic rush games were awesome and even Sonic and the Black Knight kept me happy! It's like you guy's want sonic to be dead! Maybe fans since 1991 expecting the same old stuff won't like new Sonic, but new comers should be pleased. In fact, I plan on posting a review of the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed in the your reviews section of these message boards(even the so called "tedious" werehog stages were alot of fun)!
[/QUOTE]
It's not a sense of nostaliga. It only started playing sonic about 3 years ago. before that, I had never played one of his games,

The reason I hate where it's going is because the games are so broken. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were great games on the dreamcast, but sega for some reason has been unable to repeat that success sin 3d. The Sonic rush games were great, mainly because they were real platformers, with out any stupid new gimmicks.

N64Dude1

How Sega Can Fix Sonic

Postby N64Dude1 » August 28th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Honestly I'd rather see a true sequel to Alex Kidd first.SEGA shouldn't fix Sonic,they should take a break from Sonic and work on Alex Kidd for a little bit or bring back another old series that dropped off the radar.

As for hating it because it's slightly different from 1991 Sonic,look at Super Mario Galaxy,it's quite different from 1985 Mario Bros. but you don't see people complaining about it. Why? Because despite being different,Nintendo kept the quality gameplay.SEGA has almost abandoned that (I'll admit Shadow the Hedgehog really wasn't that bad,Sonic Unleashed was mostly fun,and frankly I had nothing against Sonic Rush Adventure),Sonic Riders is a prime example of that. It's not that people here want Sonic dead,it's that most of us want SEGA to be careful and stop throwing games out left and right.

Ozzybear1

How Sega Can Fix Sonic

Postby Ozzybear1 » September 1st, 2009, 2:30 pm

Please dont think i'm being a pain in the butt on this, cause i'm not, but everyone should stop worrying about what all these bad reviews some games get and not buying a game cause it gets bad reviews, just cause someone else doesnt like a game, doesnt mean you wont, there are many games that i've seen have lots of bad reviews, that i have picked up and to me have been a total blast. So what I'm trying to say, is that its just one persons opinion, as i still do look up reviews as well, just to get an idea of what the game is about, but as for things as if someone thinks its horrible or whatever, its just their opinion. Play it yourself, then decide.

NAC1

How Sega Can Fix Sonic

Postby NAC1 » September 1st, 2009, 8:37 pm

Ozzybear is right! I rented the critically panned Sonic and the Black Knight and had a great time with it! Critics called the controls "broken", but I have never encountered this(I played through the entire main story by the way). This leads me to believe that Sonic 2006 might not actually be that bad (although I can't say this because I've never played it).

Return to “Video Games General”