5/24/2006: Nintendo 64: All-Star Baseball 2000, All-Star Baseball 2001

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 24th, 2006, 7:36 pm

I'll be posting two N64 Ken Griffey baseball game reviews tomorrow.

Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » May 25th, 2006, 12:28 am

I have a total of ten n64 games and these are 2 of the ten. What luck you reviewed them.  I played this as the only baseball game for about 5 years. I wasnt impressed with any baseballs games till recently.  I loved these games. A- from me. I wish you noted the level of depth (not even seem in some new baseball games have some of these features)  such as sliding to a specific point on the bag to avoid getting tagged out. Just move the joystick in the direction to the specific corner of the bag while hitting the slide button.Try it out...its awesome.  and what about during batting holding the B button and moving  the D-pad  to move the hitting cursor in 3D for popup/ground/pull/push ect. and what about the cool bonus feature of the players after touching home plate doing either the Macerena or the YMCA (seen easily during replay).    A funny little fact the macerena thing was for developers to show off the player animations before the game came out then they plugged it in the actual game.   Try this stuff out critic if you havent before.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » May 25th, 2006, 2:49 am

Is it any wonder that Acclaim blew all of its 'Turok: Dinosaur Hunter' money (which single-handedly saved the company from bankruptcy back in 1997), went out of business in '04 and lost the respect of gamers with rehashes like the 2K1 edition of 'All-Star Baseball'?  I mean, sixty bucks for a roster update and a cartridge color change?  And the 'Quarterback Club' NFL games from Acclaim were no better!  At least EA Sports comes up with pointless player drills or asenine new gameplay modes for their new 'Madden' or 'NBA Live' updates (unless they're for XBox 360, Wii or PS3, in which case the 'WOW' factor of the new graphics replaces even old gameplay modes).  Ironically I think the 'All-Star Baseball' series was a dependable and nice middle-ground baseball game between the EA, Sony and Sega baseball franchises.  It just stopped innovating after 2K1 (even on the early PS2/Gamecube/Xbox versions) and became expendable despite improving the visuals.

Return to “Review Feedback”