5/27/2006: Atari 2600: Cosmic Swarm, Room of Doom, Star Fox

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 27th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Your chance to chime in!

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » May 27th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Yo Critic,

I particularly enjoyed the Star Fox review- because 1. It didn't make any references to the Nintendo Star Fox, an easy pun you smartly avoided, and 2. the inclusion of the hilarious attempt to downplay an obvious game design flawl; "ionization of gases?" Nice try, no hot dog.

-Rob

www.robhowarddesign.com

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » May 28th, 2006, 6:27 am

THANK YOU, Critic, for at least seeing the turkey that STAR FOX is (though I still think SORCEROR is way to high. PLEASE re-
play that sometime, THEN play FIREFLY! THEY ARE THE SAME GAME, with altered graphics!)...Mythicon made these three crummy games specificly to target "budget" gamers! The original retail was only $9.99, so I guess they thought people would not care that the games stunk like gym socks! They actually planned SEQUALS to all 3 games! Brr! Thank heavens the market crash came and soon very GOOD games were selling for as low as 5 bucks! The only good thing about "Mythy" games is THERE ARE ONLY 3 OF THEM!

In Cosmic Corridor (some like it, some don't..I've been looking for this for awhile) does the screen SCROLL like in VANGAURD? I don't think anyone ever mentioned that...

Michael Danehy

Postby Michael Danehy » May 28th, 2006, 12:41 pm

[QUOTE=feilong80]

Yo Critic,

I particularly enjoyed the Star Fox review- because 1. It didn't make any references to the Nintendo Star Fox, an easy pun you smartly avoided, and 2. the inclusion of the hilarious attempt to downplay an obvious game design flawl; "ionization of gases?" Nice try, no hot dog.

-Rob

www.robhowarddesign.com

[/QUOTE]

Funniest part of that review:

'I love how the instruction manual attempts to build it up with lines like this: "Star Fox by Mythicon has a high level of computer intelligence built in. Your enemy is very smart and always knows where you are." Wow, I hope this cartridge doesn't suddenly become self-aware and try to take over the world! Quick - turn it off!'

The Critic is the master when it comes to sarcastic reviews of bad games. Review more stinkers.

Michael Danehy

Postby Michael Danehy » May 28th, 2006, 1:23 pm

I found a faq for "Star Fox"! Apparently the game was intended to be the first in a series, but unfortunately the video game crash forced Mythicon to close its doors. What a pity. Also, the author of this faq wants to continue the "Star Fox" storyline under the name of "Space Fox".

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/a2600/file/star_fox_2600.txt

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » May 28th, 2006, 6:32 pm

I stand behind my endorsment of "Room Of Doom". Why is it I have vastly different tastes then the VGC when it comes to 2600 games??

I'm disappointed you didn't find it to be delightfully intense and suspensefull like I do.

I will say this.....why don't you just say "Zen" instead of "a reader", then I'll offically have that wonderfull "I wanna crawl under a rock and die" sensation

Return to “Review Feedback”