6/4/2006: Genesis: Aero the Acrobat, Heavy Nova, Kid Chameleon

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 4th, 2006, 10:57 am

Express your opinions about these reviews and games.

Chris Marsh

Postby Chris Marsh » June 4th, 2006, 11:32 am

Thank you critic for giving a poor game the grade it rightfully deserves. Heavy Nova is awful and is only better than Dark Castle. Dark Castle has worse graphics, sound, and has the most broken contols for a Genesis game ever.  It comes as no suprise that Heavy Nova's follow-up is Black Hole Assault for Sega CD, which is all fighting and no platforming. It is also the second worst game for Sega CD only over Marky Mark Make My Video. Aero the Acrobat came out around the same time as Bubsy. It sounds like it is the best of the Sonic knock-offs, which doesn't say much.

Zen444

Postby Zen444 » June 4th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Aero still gets no love. :' (

Michael D

Postby Michael D » June 4th, 2006, 1:30 pm

Heavy Nova's the worst Genesis game of all time, eh?  Does that mean that there's actually a Genesis game in existence that's worse than Batman Forever?

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » June 4th, 2006, 1:51 pm

you should have a genesis mascot tournament, ala the NCAA basketball tournament. im sure you could dig up 32 or even 64 game mascots that all tried to be like sonic in one way or another.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » June 4th, 2006, 1:59 pm

I never played AERO or HEAVY NOVA-I'll take your word on HN but find it hard to believe ANY platform game is as bad as Bubsy...
Kid Chameleon I bought "back when"and I had some fun with it but I was not as enthused at the time as you seem to be, Critic. My points:
* GENERIC! Too bland. Just a kid in shades. I can't even remember the music or sound like I can ALEX KIDD and MEGAMAN.
*Stages were too loose. No sense of Continuity. No really huge bosses that gave you feelings of accomplishment.
* BLAND graphics. Ugly to look at. Too much brown and gray.
I wish they had utilized the helmets more too. I liked the tank but it wasn't used enough. It would be cool if you could change into a HUGE charcter (genny can do it-look at Last Battle) or flying ship or submarine. Overall-it's ok, but I'd say C-, best.
If it was the only platform game I had, eh, I'd play it-
but under protest!

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 4th, 2006, 4:10 pm

I am relieved to see my Heavy Nova cartridge wasn't damaged.  A fried gave it to me.  You know one of those messed up looking carts that you hate to shove in your machine because you fear it will damage the connections.  Anyway I couldn't believe a game could be that bad.  It is unplayable.  And as for those boss battles.  Spot on with the review.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » June 4th, 2006, 6:53 pm

I agree with Alienblue, KC is boring, bland and gets tedious.

I consider the fact that KC is a very long game and doesn't have a password or battery-save to be an important flaw.

I'm not asking the VGC to change his grade, but I think it's very important that he add a sentence or two warning readers that the game takes a very long time to beat and you have to do it in one sitting, because of the lack of any progress saving.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 4th, 2006, 8:34 pm

[QUOTE=Zenzerotron]I agree with Alienblue, KC is boring, bland and gets tedious.

I consider the fact that KC is a very long game and doesn't have a password or battery-save to be an important flaw.

I'm not asking the VGC to change his grade, but I think it's very important that he add a sentence or two warning readers that the game takes a very long time to beat and you have to do it in one sitting, because of the lack of any progress saving.

[/QUOTE]

That's fair.  I'll probably go back and do that.

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » June 4th, 2006, 9:14 pm

mario 3 on the NES is the same way

Return to “Review Feedback”