The worst looking insides of an NES 2 I've ever seen

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Pixelcade1

Postby Pixelcade1 » March 7th, 2010, 12:59 pm

So as most of you know my NES 1 died so I pulled out my NES 2 which has been in storage for about 8 years. I bought it for $20 on ebay and made sure it worked then stored it. Well having to pull it out of storage I looked inside the cart slot and there was some nasty brown buildup in there as well as some nasty stains on the NES. It was there when I bought it but all I cared about was that it worked. So now that this has become my main NES it was time for a good cleaning. I took some pics of the insides and outside before and after. It took me almost 2 years to get this thing clean. It was like someone tossed a can of Coke in there and let it explode.

I had to clean the motherboard, slots, everything. I went through over 40 q-tips, a cheap toothbrush, a magic eraser, my mini techvac got a work out and most of a can of air jet, and a lot of Isopropyl Alcohol 70%. But it looks like I just opened it! I've yet to have one of my games not work in it now. I'm thinking of making a cleaning your SNES, NES, NES 2 and games video's. I've been spending a lot of time this year cleaning as my collection has grown.

Link here for pics.

Thebawwradar

Postby Thebawwradar » March 7th, 2010, 1:31 pm

Jesus, does someone chain smoke around the console itself 4 hours a day or what?

Pixelcade1

Postby Pixelcade1 » March 7th, 2010, 1:58 pm

Actually no smoke smell at all it's kind of yellowish in the pic because the desk lamp I use has a more yellow bulb the console is gray.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » March 7th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Haha! That sounds like an N64 we "inherited" when living with a bunch of college kids last year. The controllers were covered with brown and black gunk, and it was pretty clear that the thing was sitting around on the basement floor for years.

Return to “Classic Gaming”