New Super Mario Brothers Review Complaint

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
NotAvailable

Postby NotAvailable » April 21st, 2010, 10:54 am

It's nice that you aren't biased against Sonic the Hedgehog like most people are, but I do believe you are biased FOR Mario. Most notably, the New Super Mario Brothers reviews.

You could find NOTHING wrong with it? NOTHING? The lame bossfights and poorly thought out (as well as cheap) powerups didn't urk you? What about the slow clunky gameplay? That didn't annoy you? What about the ear grating music? NOTHING was wrong with the game? It was FLAWLESS? I'm sorry, but I want to punch anyone who gives NSMB a perfect review. My other problem is that Mario games are the ONLY GAMES you have given A+ to. No other game gets an A+.

m0zart1

Postby m0zart1 » April 21st, 2010, 11:12 am

Seriously... you want to punch someone for a disagreement?  Instead of switching to decaf, you might want to add some Lithium to your coffee.

The critic has given A+ scores to other game that are not Mario.  Resident Evil 4, God of War, God of War 2, Guitar Hero, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Medieval Mayhem, two versions of Frogger, Perfect Dark, Vandal Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Virtua Tennis, Zero Gunner 2, Realsports Baseball, Sega Rally Championship, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Bioshock, Uncharted 2...

BuryMe1

Postby BuryMe1 » April 21st, 2010, 11:42 am

[QUOTE=NotAvailable]My other problem is that Mario games are the ONLY GAMES you have given A+ to. No other game gets an A+.
[/QUOTE]What about God of War, Guitar Hero, Virtua Tennis, Zero Gunner 2, Metal Gear Solid, Vandal Hearts, Zelda: ALTTP...

And you seriously want to punch some one just becaue they liked a game more than you?
You should go to counselling. That's just not healthy.

Josh

Postby Josh » April 21st, 2010, 12:43 pm

He didn't even give NSMBWii an A+. He gave it an A.

While I am criticall of some things in it, it definitely deserves an A.

And dude, you definitely do need to take a chill pill. This isn't IGN.

NotAvailable

Postby NotAvailable » April 21st, 2010, 1:05 pm

It's because I feel most reviewers are butt-kissers who have to give Mario game higher scores than they deserve, or else they'll piss off Mario fans.

Pixelcade1

Postby Pixelcade1 » April 21st, 2010, 1:19 pm

I for one have made it known I DO NOT LIKE this game. I'd give it far from an A. But he is entitled to his opinion. It's his site. He likes the game thus a high rating. He's not writing his review to please you or anyone else. He writes it based on HIS experiences and tastes. Let the man do his work if you don't like it voice it but calm down wanting to get violent over it is nuts? It's just words on a site man.

NotAvailable

Postby NotAvailable » April 21st, 2010, 1:35 pm

[QUOTE=Josh]He didn't even give NSMBWii an A+. He gave it an A.
[/QUOTE]

No, he gave it an A+. Don't believe me, look yourself.

Now don't get me wrong, Mario isn't BAD per say, I just hate New Super Mario Brothers. And I just find it sad that he doesn't realize any of the game's flaws.

I probably shouldn't be so severe about it, though. Sorry about that. (And it's nice to know there are people who feel the same way about the game as I do. If I were to review NSMB, I would review it C at best. Most other Mario games would get a B+ or even A from me.)

Orion Pimpdaddy

Postby Orion Pimpdaddy » April 21st, 2010, 2:04 pm

Every major Super Mario release has featured fantastic gameplay mechanics that have held up over time.  You can make an arguement that the first Super Mario Bros game brought gaming back to the USA after the video game market crash.  While each game has annoyances, the gameplay on all of them, including New Super Mario Bros Wii, easily matches that of other games out there.  I don't think it should be a surprise when they are given high grades. 

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » April 21st, 2010, 4:59 pm

Are you going to respond to the fact that he has given plenty of games the same grade, and the mentioned few even got a higher grade?  Or are you "Not Available" for comment when someone slips a stick into the spokes of your IGN-forum-like rant?  I'm sorry, but I want to PUNCH anyone who doesn't respond when someone exposes their mistakes when it causes their argument to collapse!!!!!  (sarcasm, obviously)

a1

Postby a1 » April 21st, 2010, 5:21 pm

I for one don't think New Super Mario Bros. does deserve an A+ (which the DS version did receive) but why does it matter? Did his review lead you to buy New Super Mario Bros? I doubt it. It's Mario; you were getting it anyway.

If you are so passionate about this game not being A+ worthy why not write a review of it in the reader reviews section instead of just attacking the reviewer?

Return to “Review Feedback”