Wishlist...

General and high profile video game topics.
Alienblue

Wishlist...

Postby Alienblue » May 15th, 2006, 6:47 am

From a misunderstood question on the AVGC forum comes this thread: Which older system/games do you wish you had? (I'm
not talking not-released-as-of-this-post stuff like new
SMB/DS or RED STEEL, I mean stuff that's already out).

There are only a few classic systems I don't have that
I wish I did:
Odyssey2, Astrovision, Channel F and Arcadia 2001

as for games, for those units..KTAA! , Incredible wizard,
Alien invasion and Super Gobbler

also SNES: Axelay; PSX: Namco museum 5; Genesis: DARIUS X
others?

Leo Ames

Wishlist...

Postby Leo Ames » May 15th, 2006, 3:59 pm

I'd really like Bounty Bob Strikes Back for the Atari 5200, Battlesphere Gold for the Atari Jaguar, and Konami Arcade Classics for the PSX.

At least that last one is doable, if I ever break down and pay $30-40 online for a used Playstation game. Been hoping for several years to find it cheap in the wild, wouldn't mind finding Namco Museum 2, 4, and 5 the same way.

bluemonkey1

Wishlist...

Postby bluemonkey1 » May 15th, 2006, 4:27 pm

I wish I had an Atari Jaguar.  There are quite a few games for it I like the look of - AVP, Tempest 2000, Defender 2000, Doom, Wolfenstein, Syndicate, Atari Karts, Trevor McFur, Iron Soldier.

I know it is not an old old machine but there's loads of cool shooter imports for the PS1 I want to pickup.  Some of them are compilations of Darius and R-Type so that kind of counts as old right ?

I still need to pick up a SNES.  Loads of great games for that of course that I need to get, been years since I played one.

The Turbo Duo has always interested me because it is meant to have some good shooters and platform games.  But they're quite a bit harder to pick up round here.

voorhiessa

Wishlist...

Postby voorhiessa » May 16th, 2006, 1:28 pm

My dream is a portable SNES...that would satisfy all my gaming needs.  Marios, Street Fighters, Ken Griffey Baseball, NCAA Basketball, Mario Kart....I could go on forever.

Atarifever1

Wishlist...

Postby Atarifever1 » May 16th, 2006, 4:26 pm

I want a Neo Geo and an N-Gage silver.  For games I want the a copy of Animal Forest from Japan and an N64 from there to play it on (or is te N64 not bothered by different regions).  Also, I'd like a copy of MUSHA and a Revenge of Shinobi with Batman and Godzilla still in it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Wishlist...

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 18th, 2006, 5:30 pm

[QUOTE=voorhiessa]

My dream is a portable SNES...that would satisfy all my gaming needs.  Marios, Street Fighters, Ken Griffey Baseball, NCAA Basketball, Mario Kart....I could go on forever.

[/QUOTE]

It's called a Gameboy Advance.

John Rowland

Wishlist...

Postby John Rowland » May 18th, 2006, 6:28 pm

You better watch yourself Critic.  I made that very same comment a while back and someone got very irritated with me. 

feilong801

Wishlist...

Postby feilong801 » May 19th, 2006, 9:02 am

Sure, I think "Da Critic" is right, but of course there is something kicka** about actually playing full size SNES carts on a portable, like those NES portables you see on lik-sang.com.

Some nerd has probably rigged one up for the SNES, no doubt.

Why would the critic be lambasted for saying the GBA is a portable SNES, by the way? Obviously, the GBA is a more powerful system, but is very well suited to those type of 2D games.

-Rob

www.robhowarddesign.com

Alienblue

Wishlist...

Postby Alienblue » May 19th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Sadly, the time is long past for a SEGA NOMAD (which plays Genesis games on the go) type SNES portable, unless , as was
stated, a hobbyist builds one.

The GBA is often called a portable SNES because many SNES games were ported over to it...but quite often there were changes made which showed that it truly was a more capable system.

Same thing with the DS and N64 ports. The DS is not an N64 either but it does have some N64 ports.

Me, I would like a portable COLECOVISION please!

LoganRuckman1

Wishlist...

Postby LoganRuckman1 » April 20th, 2013, 3:03 am

Man, I really miss you, Alienblue. You were one of my favorite guys on the forums and you were a true retro gamer. I wish you were still on the site.

Anyways, I wish I had a Genesis when I was younger. I also wish I had Super Mario RPG.

Return to “Video Games General”