6/18/2006: Genesis: Ballz, Gargoyles, SportsTalk Baseball

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 18th, 2006, 12:57 pm

I thought the non-sports fans might like to see some new Genesis reviews.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 18th, 2006, 1:05 pm

I can't believe you've never heard of Gargoyles.  It's probably the best cartoon ever made.  The game does an exceptional job recreating the feel of the show (the theme music really impressed me the first time I played it).

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 18th, 2006, 2:17 pm

I don't like this feeling..... Gargoyles was one of my favourite cartoons when I was a kid.  It was so awesome.  I had no idea they made a game!

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 18th, 2006, 7:21 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

I don't like this feeling..... Gargoyles was one of my favourite cartoons when I was a kid.  It was so awesome.  I had no idea they made a game!

[/QUOTE]
Looks like we agree on things that aren't related to Nintendo or the PSP.   I bought the game last summer and didn't know it existed before then either.   It's pretty fun, and it actually starts out like the show with you in the past and the humans coming under attack.  I'll have to plug it in again soon and try to make it through it.
I keep going to buy the Gargoyles DVDs, but I'm afraid it'll be like He-Man and I'll hate it now that I'm older.  It could be like Astroboy though and I'll find it much darker now that I'm older.  I remember Gargoyles being pretty deep (especially considering it has a beauty and the beast story where beauty falls for the beast and he doesn't turn human or anything.  Nope, the beautiful woman just ends up with the big, ugly, night dwelling bat monster). 

Chris Marsh

Postby Chris Marsh » June 18th, 2006, 9:41 pm

For the most part, I agree with the review for Ballz 3-D for Genesis. I actually found the music to be funny because it is so strange. The gameplay is pretty bad though. The critic seems to hate the games by P.F. Magic (Ballz 3-D and Paatank) because they get F's. I would have given Ballz 3-D a D-. Did you know that there is a Ballz 3-D game called Ballz: The Directors Cut for 3DO that is pretty much like the Genesis game with 3DO improvements.

a1

Postby a1 » June 19th, 2006, 3:26 am

I owned a copy of Gargoyles once, but it stopped working on me. Every time I would start the game up I would see a blank screen, even though the music played. I threw the game away, purchased a new one, and had the exact same problem. All of my other Genesis games work, so I was wondering if this is unique to this game. Any tips or info.?

McTom

Postby McTom » June 19th, 2006, 4:20 am

I've never played Ballz, but I recall that the game was well-received by some established gaming magazines, is that correct? The concept seems creative to me, which is, i think, a good thinkt. Enfin. About Gargoyles: is that the same game as the Gargoyles on the classic Gameboy? 'Cause that absolutely sucked in my opinion.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » June 19th, 2006, 7:55 am

By the way, for any Star Trek fanatics, here's a list of the voice actors for the Gargoyles TV show (it's from wikipedia).  I remember recognizing a lot of them when I used to watch the show.
I wish they'd do a modern 3d version of the game, or another good 2D one.  They just got a new comic book deal, so if it does well there may be another game in their future.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » June 19th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Both the Gargoyles show and Genesis game were awsome! I wish they still made cartoons like that! It had a deffinite BATMAN:ANIMATED feel to it!

"..is this the same game on gameboy?" NO! That GB game you are thinking of is GARGOYLES QUEST, based on the "red demomon" character in GHOSTS N' GOBLINS (NES)...never played it but heard it was an action RPG....

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » June 19th, 2006, 4:26 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]Both the Gargoyles show and Genesis game were awsome! I wish they still made cartoons like that! It had a deffinite BATMAN:ANIMATED feel to it![/QUOTE]

If you liked batman WB has a new batman going on, never watched it though. 

Return to “Review Feedback”