METEOS

The readers post their own reviews.
bluemonkey1

METEOS

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 7th, 2006, 12:01 pm

The problem in that game is there are two broken characters for button mashers.  The most annoying is Sophitia.  There's a two kick combo that you can repeat over and over and if you block it the first time and he keeps pulling it it is damn near impossible to get out of.  The reaction times prevent you from doing the parry move too.

sega saturn x

METEOS

Postby sega saturn x » June 19th, 2006, 4:28 pm

I still think this game is A material but you can't change peoples tastes.

a1

METEOS

Postby a1 » June 20th, 2006, 3:36 am

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

The problem in that game is there are two broken characters for button mashers.  The most annoying is Sophitia.  There's a two kick combo that you can repeat over and over and if you block it the first time and he keeps pulling it it is damn near impossible to get out of.  The reaction times prevent you from doing the parry move too.

[/QUOTE]

A quick jab gets out of that. Just tapping the kick button or horizontal slash usually works.

bluemonkey1

METEOS

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 20th, 2006, 7:37 am

Not with a character like Kilik.  Both moves leave you too open for too long.  I've had the game at launch and used to be unbeatable except when people would do move repeats with Sophitia and Hwang.

a1

METEOS

Postby a1 » June 20th, 2006, 1:49 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

Not with a character like Kilik.  Both moves leave you too open for too long.  I've had the game at launch and used to be unbeatable except when people would do move repeats with Sophitia and Hwang.

[/QUOTE]

That shouldn't be a problem because you should never play with Kilik. Kilik sucks; his moves come straight from the flag-girls' play book. Go with Nightmare or Cervantes.

bluemonkey1

METEOS

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 20th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Then surely what you are saying is that the characters are unbalanced.

a1

METEOS

Postby a1 » June 21st, 2006, 3:37 am

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

Then surely what you are saying is that the characters are unbalanced.

[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not saying that. All of the characters have their strengths and weaknesses. I just think that Kilik is a wuss (for lack of a stronger word that will go through profanity blocking), and Nightmare and Cervantes are bad asses.

bluemonkey1

METEOS

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 21st, 2006, 7:53 am

But you said that Kilik could be beaten by move exploiting button mashers whereas those other two characters couldn't.  That to me is unbalanced.

a1

METEOS

Postby a1 » June 21st, 2006, 3:04 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

But you said that Kilik could be beaten by move exploiting button mashers whereas those other two characters couldn't.  That to me is unbalanced.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure he could. I think I could get out of that situation with Kilik, but I usually wouldn't want to play with him.

Return to “Reader Reviews”